ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport drivers

Call it what you will, but underneath it is a boy-racer shopping cart. I don't really like to admit I have a Clio at all. Fun and cheap though.

Mini Cooper S
Doesnt take away the fact they are great cars to drive, if you let the fact some chav owns one puts you off buying a good car (impreza, evo etc) then its your own problem (not urs in particular, just in general)

Last edited:
  Mini Cooper S
Doesnt take away the fact they are great cars to drive, if you let the fact some chav owns one puts you off buying a good car (impreza, evo etc) then its your own problem (not urs in particular, just in general)

I know. I'd happily on a ZS, but the general public automatically think cos a car has a slightly bodykit and looks sporty, its automatically a chavvy car. A young person behind the wheel doesn't help either.

mx5 & 172
Why would you need to say all that? Just say you have a Clio.

Calling it a ClioSport might be easier but it's wrong.

If I'm being specific I describe mine as a clio with a big engine and a silly bodykit - which is what it is

F56 MINI Cooper S
Well then thats their problem.

as for the young person behind the wheel, every small car on the market must be chavvy then. first cars for people are generally small and are every small car like i said.

If you're talking to a bird, you say you have a Clio. She'll then say 'Oh my friend Doris has one of those' you can tell her that Doris has a 1.2 and your Renault Sport Clio 182 with Cup Packs is much better but she'll think you're a goon.

If you tell them from the start the whole spec, you also sound like a goon.

Alpine GTA Turbo+182
If you're talking to a bird, you say you have a Clio. She'll then say 'Oh my friend Doris has one of those' you can tell her that Doris has a 1.2 and your Renault Sport Clio 182 with Cup Packs is much better but she'll think you're a goon.

Aside from being a bit old to chase "birds" they would probably fall asleep before I got to the bottom of the list of my cars.... zzzzzzzz

Stripped yozza'd cup
There's loads of chavs that buy every 'hot hatch' that's at the cheaper end of the market. Round here the chavs seem to go for CTR's rather thatn Clio's though.... in fact, i see a lot of middle aged folk in RS cars round here.

'Goon' was also a great choice of word Revels :)

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
True cant explain to girls about the clio sport, iv tried and failed think i need new chat up lines tbh. But im probs not helping saturday my cars going to a new owner and lets say he looks a little bit on the Little Britain side.

120d M Sport

This is what I was getting at!

On a side not I quite like being a non chav owning what some would call a chav car :D

172/vx220t/m135i
These cars will obviously get into the wrong hands due to them being cheap as chips. Also judging by what some of the owners on here pay for insurance doesn't seem to put off the youngsters off! Not that all young owners are chavs:)

2001 Clio 1.2
These cars will obviously get into the wrong hands due to them being cheap as chips. Also judging by what some of the owners on here pay for insurance doesn't seem to put off the youngsters off! Not that all young owners are chavs:)
Woooo...someone understands :) lol

Suzuki Jimny

If someone not into cars asks me what I drive, I just tell them a blue clio.

Heh. I was telling a female friend that I had a new car. Trying not to bore her with details I just said it was "sporty" and a hoot to drive... albeit a bit chavvy. When she saw it her response was "Is that IT?!". I tried to point out the twin exhausts, Renaultsport badges, spoiler etc etc but she was unmoved... it's a Clio. End of. I quickly gave up.

A male friend that saw it for the first time just laughed at the exhausts.

*sigh* I'm the only person I know who appreciates that a RS Clio is a thing of beauty.

clio 182
Anyone else noticing the increase in chavs buying 1*2's and thinking that that the speed limit doesn't apply to them in any situation and that a fellow 1*2 is the ideal candidate to see how close they can sit on their rear bumper everywhere or is this just the Lincolnshire area? Also 99% of 1*2's I see are parked up in supermarket carparks or mcdonalds. Rant over

Tell me about it! their is a certain member on here (allthough he doesnt come on here alot about 40 post in a few years) insists on sitting on my rear bumper everytime he see's me and annoy's the hell out of me, one of these days am gunna brake! the same person constantly drives around with his zenons on, not matter what time/weather is it, bright blue sky and sunshine and he still has them on!

where abouts in lincs you from??

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Driving with lights on all the time is good practice? Hence volvos having them on, new laws with the LED running lights etc.

Tell me about it! their is a certain member on here (allthough he doesnt come on here alot about 40 post in a few years) insists on sitting on my rear bumper everytime he see's me and annoy's the hell out of me, one of these days am gunna brake! the same person constantly drives around with his zenons on, not matter what time/weather is it, bright blue sky and sunshine and he still has them on!

where abouts in lincs you from??

I'm from luddington near Scunthorpe, seems to be a middle aged black haired guy who obviously has had a chavvy mid life crisis with something to prove in a black 182, he was just sat on my bumper in a 40 so I shook my head and let him past, usually with something like the RS range of cars you'd expect them to be appreciative that you own the same car and will flash the lights/nod and not be an arsehole. Another 3 silver 1*2's hang around in morrisions car park all the time

Disastra Coupe
I've not seen another Clio Sport in Mansfield driven by somebody as young as me yet. They all tend to be probably in their 30s/40s.

Being 23 and looking 17 i'd probably get labelled as someone you're speaking of but i assure you i don't wear track suit's and don't talk lyk dis bruv cuz it aint ma ting - get me brapbrap...

Plus in my eye's a 'chav' tend's to not look after a car at all. Where as i spend lot's maintaining my car and don't even like taking mine out when it's raining lol.

ITB'd 172 POPTART
My light do that like automatic thing................ ;) As a rule there generally always on during winter.

clio 182
I'm from luddington near Sc**thorpe, seems to be a middle aged black haired guy who obviously has had a chavvy mid life crisis with something to prove in a black 182, he was just sat on my bumper in a 40 so I shook my head and let him past, usually with something like the RS range of cars you'd expect them to be appreciative that you own the same car and will flash the lights/nod and not be an arsehole. Another 3 silver 1*2's hang around in morrisions car park all the time

Yes said person is one of them 3 in silver clios, his in a 172, and they is another 172 n a 182 I think, with a loud exhaust.

I wish mine wasn't silver... A few people have said to me "I saw u the other night driving like a nob, around town" am like, that would of been hard since I was at home with the car in the garage with no petrol lol.

Not seen a black one going around will keep an eye out.

Ph1 172
My clio is cool i love it, it gets looked after well and i drive it like a bone head and if i have been to the gym i may have a tracksuit on sooo i must fit into the chavvy 172 owners club iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Last edited: