ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport @ Eurofest 2007

Been a good month for Cliosport stuff to photograph for me, had the superb Airfield day a few weeks back and now Eurofest. Relatively small turnout from the SW boys and girls but a great day anyhow, fantastic weather and some stunning cars out on track. As usual the morning seesions were pretty sensible, but later in the afternoon things got a bit, erm, mad, especially around Quarry.

Plenty of Clio stuff here: http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/3440847, but below is a sample of what I got. Non Clio stuff will follow late tonight in the other Media section, got some pics of the Cossies that I'm really really pleased with.

193072213-L.jpg

193071763-L.jpg

193082915-L.jpg

193085257-L.jpg

193089235-L.jpg

193083889-L.jpg

193079077-L.jpg

193068279-L.jpg

and some paddock/parade-lap stuff...

193079917-L.jpg

193072797-L.jpg

193081004-L.jpg

193080498-L.jpg

Shame that the Z3 M - the acid yellow looking one is now dead, ended up on its roof durring the COOL DOWN lap. On the last session.

Monaco Blue 172
nice pics, good to see paul j giving it some serious beans as per! :race:

would have popped along myself but spent the day in cardiff getting the new exhaust... :evil:

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Good photos as always chris. Oh dear we wont be seeing that one again then, as per what we were saying.

80MPG BEEZA
passenger in pinky's car looks like his papping himself!

ohhhhhh shhhh*******ttttttt!

Just out of interest I calculated lap times from EXIF data when cars were in the exact same spot at Quarry, some very interesting reading.

The guy in the 5 door Clio (1.4?) was doing 1:36s consistently during the 9:30am session, that is ridiculously quick. For reference Paul J (182) was doing 1:28/1:29 and as anyone there would have noticed, he was absolutely flying. Considering the corners are no-overtaking zones those are some very very impressive times from both.

Last edited:
The ones of you on track look great when you download the original file Justin, heat-haze is immense in the background, twas a hot day!

Just out of interest I calculated lap times from EXIF data when cars were in the exact same spot at Quarry, some very interesting reading.

The guy in the 5 door Clio (1.4?) was doing 1:36s consistently during the 9:30am session, that is ridiculously quick. For reference Paul J (182) was doing 1:28/1:29 and as anyone there would have noticed, he was absolutely flying. Considering the corners are no-overtaking zones those are some very very impressive times from both.

I can vouch for paul being fooking rapid lol

He won the award for 'most talked about car' during the morning at Quarry, they were all loving the 3-wheel action and the speed he carried over Avon Rise into Quarry was insane, a good 20mph quicker than anyone else. Took massive chunks out of the uber-rapid M3 in the corners, obviously got destroyed on the straights though.

Yep thats the one, the screen smashed, the anti roll bar thing on the back did its job alright.

The angel eyes were still on though when it was upside down lol.

And to be honest neither myself or steve are sure what happend as when we came round the corner , there it was upside down.

Driver and passenger were fine though.

Monaco Blue 172
hehe ta. at least i now have the terminology ;) probably should have gone in by cooks on my way back!?

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

He won the award for 'most talked about car' during the morning at Quarry, they were all loving the 3-wheel action and the speed he carried over Avon Rise into Quarry was insane, a good 20mph quicker than anyone else. Took massive chunks out of the uber-rapid M3 in the corners, obviously got destroyed on the straights though.

LMAO @ that. I LOVE quarry, one day it'll bite!

Quite pleased with the time, always wondered what sort of times i was managing.

Pics, as always, are superb :cool: