ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport @ Eurofest 2007

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
193076832-L.jpg

Amazing pics!!

Your car looks good i wanted to see you out on track but by the time i got up there it was far to late.

FF Blackgold 182
Stunning pics there Chris as always. :cool: Love the angles and effects you get from the fish-eye lens! I'll be getting my grubby mits on some of the originals of the stand if you don't mind? ;)

Stunning pics there Chris as always. :cool: Love the angles and effects you get from the fish-eye lens! I'll be getting my grubby mits on some of the originals of the stand if you don't mind? ;)

Yeah of course, you know how to grab them off the site don't you?

Not one to be anal, but it's not a fish-eye, just a super-wide angle lens (10mm) ;) You can stand literally 6 inches from the nose of a car and still get the whole thing in.

Found one of Paul and the M3, obviously I was panning with Paul's direction of travel, but the Beemer got in the way...

193155105-L.jpg

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
nice pics, good to see paul j giving it some serious beans as per! :race:

would have popped along myself but spent the day in cardiff getting the new exhaust... :evil:
should sound nice for airfield meet then!
you coming?:)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Quality pics!
What was the nutter in the beemer doing to put it on the roof on the in lap? :quiet:

FF Blackgold 182

Yeah of course, you know how to grab them off the site don't you?

Not one to be anal, but it's not a fish-eye, just a super-wide angle lens (10mm) ;) You can stand literally 6 inches from the nose of a car and still get the whole thing in.

Yeah I do thanks. :) Oh I see. 10mm, wow! :eek: I thought it was a fish-eye as the pic of mine and Justins with the CS banner on the stand, seemed to have a slight curve to it. I love the one on the stand of Gav's Cup with Paul J's 182 in the background. Composition is just spot on! :approve:

So is that the beemer that ended up on it's roof, or was it the z3?

Z3 apparently, Justin mentioned the roll-bars doing their job so it must have been the open-top.

Seen quite a few crashes on in/out laps before, at Quarry in particular you get the occasional idiot who will do something for the crowd if he gets a bit of free track. Not sure what happened in this case though.

Steve: still get the curve/distortion with the 10mm as it's so wide. You can correct it but I quite like it so always leave them untouched.

Last edited:
  FF Blackgold 182
So is that the beemer that ended up on it's roof, or was it the z3?

It was the Z3 M Power one, the same/similar colour to that M3. We didn't see it happen, but apparently he had a little tussle with a red Astra hatchback (one with the tyres smoking in a previous pic), and he span off. As soon as he hit the ploughed bit on the infield, it flipped. We were just walking back from Quarry at the end and we saw it on it's roof or lack of one! When they pulled it back upright, the windscreen was obliterated and there was quite a bit of body damage. They both got out ok, so that's the main thing.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Found one of Paul and the M3, obviously I was panning with Paul's direction of travel, but the Beemer got in the way...

193155105-L.jpg

That was good fun following him, nothing i could do tho with his power advantage.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

193155105-L.jpg

Ha ha ha...I bet the M3 owner was miffed having no doubt just pulled out a good 10-15 lengths down the straight...and Paul's back there again, glued to his ass :approve:

We're going out together at Combe next year Paul :race: - should make for some interesting video.

Monaco Blue 172
^^ now that I MUST see :D hehe

nice pics, good to see paul j giving it some serious beans as per! :race:

would have popped along myself but spent the day in cardiff getting the new exhaust... :evil:
should be. it sounds faintly ridiculous but i hope it's not too loud! don't want to be one of those annoying neighbours y'know ;) lol

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
^^ now that I MUST see :D hehe

should be. it sounds faintly ridiculous but i hope it's not too loud! don't want to be one of those annoying neighbours y'know ;) lol
yh i know:)
i used to get up 3am mondays to travel to work and id roll the car down to the bottom of my road to starm/warm it up and my mum still complained she couldn hear me all the way to the mway!
gonna try to make mine a little steath

Just out of interest I calculated lap times from EXIF data when cars were in the exact same spot at Quarry, some very interesting reading.

The guy in the 5 door Clio (1.4?) was doing 1:36s consistently during the 9:30am session, that is ridiculously quick. For reference Paul J (182) was doing 1:28/1:29 and as anyone there would have noticed, he was absolutely flying. Considering the corners are no-overtaking zones those are some very very impressive times from both.

I think Jemma timed me at 1.32 on my last session (4.15pm) which is the fastest I've ever been but I was on PE2's and TBH I just don't have big enough b@lls to go much faster.

LOL

:)