ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF24 ClioSport Festival 2024 - Book Tickets Now!

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
If I’ve got your map right you are heading over the Horse Shoe Pass at Llangollen (again a 40mph zone which can have cameras on) and into Ruthin. The Nant Y Garth into Ruthin is very good. But continue to Denbigh and head onto the A453 through Groes to Blychau (start of this will be an average camera but I think you only pass one camera when I didn’t the other week) then A544 to Llanfair Talhaiarn then A548 back down Llanwsrt, so like this

The section in blue is pretty good, I do a bit of a loop from home around there

Yes mate the horse shoe pass,is it worth doing that?.will be coming from Shrewsbury way.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Yes mate the horse shoe pass,is it worth doing that?.will be coming from Shrewsbury way.
Yes and no. It’s a nice road and it used to be a 60mph limit. But it’s very biker heavy at times and there are sheep that wonder on the top of the hill and into the road. But it’s a better drive than going though Coedpoeth if you want to do a nice route. Does that make sense?! If you have the time I would do what I’ve suggested to link up to what you have planned. Miss out the Evo Triangle due to the crap average speed cameras. The run into Conwy you have planned looks good! I might have to venture over that way one day.

Flat Eric

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Think I mentioned it before but if you make your way to Llanfyllin (either from Oswestry or Welshpool etc) and then get on the B4391 to Bala. It's a good mountain road with some good views and nice runs to stretch the cars legs.
Once you get to Bala, I can't help much after that though but I'd deffo recommend the B4391 if you can fit it into the routes.

Decent fish and chip shop in Llanfyllin too called eagles fish and chips.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Think I mentioned it before but if you make your way to Llanfyllin (either from Oswestry or Welshpool etc) and then get on the B4391 to Bala. It's a good mountain road with some good views and nice runs to stretch the cars legs.
Once you get to Bala, I can't help much after that though but I'd deffo recommend the B4391 if you can fit it into the routes.

Decent fish and chip shop in Llanfyllin too called eagles fish and chips.

At Bala the B4391 becomes the A4212, follow that and it branches off in to the B4391 again to Ffestiniog.

Then you can either go up to Betws-y-Coed or head up the A457.