ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF24 ClioSport Festival 2024 - Book Tickets Now!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It's surprising how many folks are anxious about turning up and fitting in, or getting to know others. I get that and fully appreciate it can be difficult. However, you're not going to find a better bunch of folks. It's like some big, weird extended family, but without the inbreeding. I think. It's often been said that the people/members make this forum work (which is true) and this applies to CSF, too.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
It's surprising how many folks are anxious about turning up and fitting in, or getting to know others. I get that and fully appreciate it can be difficult. However, you're not going to find a better bunch of folks. It's like some big, weird extended family, but without the inbreeding. I think. It's often been said that the people/members make this forum work (which is true) and this applies to CSF, too.

I was anxious last year as it was my first time, but it was a fantastic experience and everyone is nice and friendly.

I'm more worried about getting the car ready in time now.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Stupid newbie question ; is there any kind of group chat for the weekend?

As a borderline recluse I'm concerned I'll just turn up, do the track time, and f**k off home without actually putting any faces to names, and if I wanted to do that, I'd go to Snetterton and save myself 12hrs in the car.
Just look out for my car, it’s very noticeable (in my display pic)
More than welcome to come chat and have a drink etc so no need to feel recluse

RustyMojo

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Don’t over think it mate, everyone is sound. If you see a red Cayman, please come and say hi. I’m bringing my lad along this year. Always happy to have a chat, cup of coffee and introduce you to the people I know. Don’t get anxious, everyone knows no one at some point. It’s a great event and you can be as social or anti social as you want to be. I promise you’ll enjoy the event and come away wondering why you were worried. I’ll be there from Friday afternoon and would love to grab a coffee with anyone and slag Kyle off.

Krarl

ClioSport Club Member
Don’t over think it mate, everyone is sound. If you see a red Cayman, please come and say hi. I’m bringing my lad along this year. Always happy to have a chat, cup of coffee and introduce you to the people I know. Don’t get anxious, everyone knows no one at some point. It’s a great event and you can be as social or anti social as you want to be. I promise you’ll enjoy the event and come away wondering why you were worried. I’ll be there from Friday afternoon and would love to grab a coffee with anyone and slag Kyle off.
I'm gonna bully you in front of your son

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
This 👆

I joined CS when I was in a bad state mentally and physically, was in the process of rebuilding myself and my life while waiting on a long old list of surgeries.
I've had loads of folk help me out over the years, not just with the car but with a good chat and a laugh, in some cases some lemon meringue pie 👌
Met plenty of proper legends (ironically good olde Sharky being the first, you lucky devil!) hence why I don't mind helping the club where I can.

ON that note, I'm ever so sorry to say that the 172 Cup is sadly - not suitable for use at the moment. I'd shaken it down the other day and all seemed fine, after moving it back in to the unit it was clicking its knackers off, suspected driveshaft initially but turns out its a little more than that. I simply don't have the time and the means to get it sorted before Saturday.

There will be an announcement at 8pm tonight, so hang tight 😘

200.gif

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I've had loads of folk help me out over the years, not just with the car but with a good chat and a laugh, in some cases some lemon meringue pie 👌
Met plenty of proper legends (ironically good olde Sharky being the first, you lucky devil!) hence why I don't mind helping the club where I can.

Lemon meringue pie... happy times... we need to do it again soon! Lucky? Yeah - I'll take it if it means I meet good people along the way!

I won't lie, I'm looking forward to this year's event. It's a bit of a highlight in a pretty bleak period if I'm honest!!!! Bring it on.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
This 👆

I joined CS when I was in a bad state mentally and physically, was in the process of rebuilding myself and my life while waiting on a long old list of surgeries.

ON that note, I'm ever so sorry to say that the 172 Cup is sadly - not suitable for use at the moment. I'd shaken it down the other day and all seemed fine, after moving it back in to the unit it was clicking its knackers off, suspected driveshaft initially but turns out its a little more than that. I simply don't have the time and the means to get it sorted before Saturday.

There will be an announcement at 8pm tonight, so hang tight 😘

View attachment 1703172
@Krarl kept offering me a cream pie before I met him too. I turned him down sadly.

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
It's mostly CS i'd say, but @andybond brings quite a few Turbo Renault lot.

Not sure how many represent from 197/200net and RSMegane.
We are mostly friendly , vaccinated against most tropical diseases and all car enthusiasts.

Please come and say hello to us. We are bringing a gazebo of win with TurboRenault.co.uk emblazoned on it.

The best bit about CSF is that we are all there for the same things ; cars and fun.

And throwing up after drinking too much. Always that dodgy last can.