ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF24 ClioSport Festival 2024 - Book Tickets Now!

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
If you insist!

On a serious note, if you'd all take tuition over hotlaps, leave a like on this and we can look in to making it happen for next year.
I've raced both front and rear wheel drive with plenty of wins in both, 2022 GT4 Vice Champion and 2023 Clio Vice Champion so happy to pass on my knowledge 👍
I mean I would yes, but can appreciate some people are coming without cars and going out with you (or with Rowe this year) must be a highlight for them.

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
If you insist!

On a serious note, if you'd all take tuition over hotlaps, leave a like on this and we can look in to making it happen for next year.
I've raced both front and rear wheel drive with plenty of wins in both, 2022 GT4 Vice Champion and 2023 Clio Vice Champion so happy to pass on my knowledge 👍
I need some pointers on where I can be better. Ill not say faster as I am not competing. Just "better"

I am working on getting some telemetry feedback as I cant tell which is a better line at the minute and downloading the logs when I have done 20 laps is pointless as I cant remember one from the next.

Someone calling me some naughty names and get in the sea will help

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Just walked in the door!

Had a great 2 days after CSF on the island to chill out.

So, Thursdays birthday meal ended up with the wife having suspected food poisoning as she was literally throwing up on the drive back home from the restaurant.

fair play to her though she manned up and headed over on the Friday with her still being sick in a bowl in the car the whole journey.

Got to Anglesey about 7:45 and then it hit me that I still had to put the tent up which I hadn’t even test fitted.

Lo and behold @JamesBryan appears like a knight in shining armour, wildering his tent peg kit!
ALAS! the tent is up in no time.
I then realised the air bed needs to be pumped up and all I have is a manual foot pump which with each press gives out the faintest of puffs.
Me and James tag team on it and eventually get the bloody thing inflated.

By this time everyone else was already pretty much on their merry way so I had a quick walk around and popped out to get some food.
Got back the the circuit and called it a night as I wanted to be up early.

HOWEVER… it turns out this suspected food poisoning is not what it seems!
I woke up at least 10 times in the night, sweating my tits off and heaving to no provail.

Come 7am I’d had about 2 hours sleep and felt like the life had been sucked out of me.

I managed to get to the sign on and briefing (you prob saw me with my hood up and head down - not to be seen) and got in like for the sighting laps for the AM session.

By this time, the wife felt perfectly fine and I was not impressed.

There was no way I was going to be able to get out on track in the morning with how I was feeling so I got back in the sack and went to sleep.

I heard lunchtime was called so I mustered up some will power and got back in line for the sighting laps for the PM session.
Feeling ok-ish I got out there and went full send, making up for lost time in the morning.

After the track time had ended I dipped in will power and again returned to the sack.
I did manage to speak with a few but I felt that dog s**t that all I could think about was getting my head down.

What I did hear though was all of you lovely bunch having a great time and for the parts that I can remember when not on track it was an absolutely fantastic weekend.

We will definitely be there again next year and definitely recommend Anglesey to anybody who has not been before.

Thanks CS team for what is a truly amazing event.

PS. @Krarl i smoked you even when ill 😂

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I mean I would yes, but can appreciate some people are coming without cars and going out with you (or with Rowe this year) must be a highlight for them.
Sadly mate, I have to think of my own pocket next year. I've done hotlaps for three years now and I foot the entire bill each time (which I don't begrudge at all!) but it really is a lot of effort to pull it off and leaves me with zero time to catch up with people that've been mega to me over the years! Prime example, didn't get to catch up with you all day or take your VX220 out 🤷‍♂️ missed @Brigsy and the extra van which I'd of loved to of had a go in. Come the evening I'm done in.

If the club/clubs can cover the cost of hiring a race car for me to take folk out in, or if someone donates a car for me to pedal then I can make it happen.
Without that next year, I'm afraid it's just not going to be possible.

Krarl

ClioSport Club Member
As if!
I completely forgot about that but I can genuinely say I was probably fast asleep or sobbing into my pillow.
It's all good mate, it didn't sit right with me expecting a lift from someone I'd never met nor had I seen all day anyway🤣

"Hi mate my name's Kyle. I know it's midnight and both of you have been shitting through the eye of a needle for the past 12 hours but could I have a lift please?"🤣🤣

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
What tracks in the south region could we use?.i dont track mine but just enjoy being there seeing the cars & chatting to everyone,so i wouldnt know what a good track would be that people track there cars on.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
What tracks in the south region could we use?.i dont track mine but just enjoy being there seeing the cars & chatting to everyone,so i wouldnt know what a good track would be that people track there cars on.
A couple of us head to Castle Combe now and again, there's a lovely little campsite 20 mins down the road with private pitches . Fires are encouraged, there's also a few pods, shepherd huts and bell tents for those too posh to set their own tent up.

I'm considering making it a regular thing and pushing it through the club as a "Not so invitational, invitational" event 👍
There's already a few members on here who are up for it and there's a lot of us who don't get to catch up as much as we'd like.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
A couple of us head to Castle Combe now and again, there's a lovely little campsite 20 mins down the road with private pitches . Fires are encouraged, there's also a few pods, shepherd huts and bell tents for those too posh to set their own tent up.

I'm considering making it a regular thing and pushing it through the club as a "Not so invitational, invitational" event 👍
There's already a few members on here who are up for it and there's a lot of us who don't get to catch up as much as we'd like.
That sounds great mate,maybe start a thread and see what interest there would be.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Anglesey could be the main one,then have a mini one and then see how that goes.Would be nice to have a North & South,as obvs the commute is to much for some people on either side.So gives others another chance who dont want to drive that far.So may get more attend who just want to come for just the day track or just to spectate.

Clio 172 Cup
I'm like 30 minutes off Combe so i'd be biased for the location (But done it too many times!). But what about SIlverstone, Donnington etc?

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm like 30 minutes off Combe so i'd be biased for the location (But done it too many times!). But what about SIlverstone, Donnington etc?

It's about 45 mins from me but ironically, I've only driven there a handful of times!

Silverstone days are massively expensive now - You're looking at £350 minimum for a day on the National circuit and £630 for a day on the GP circuit.
Donington have bumped prices up to around £325 for the day.

Where as Combe is £180 for the day - £25 a night for the campsite and everyone sounds like they're @Daniel
It's great!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
That's already sorted, it's just invite only IIRC......

@The Norwegian will be able to confirm 😅

It’s not invite only. I’m happy to share the dates / weekend we’re planning to be over there and people can book their accommodation etc.

More the merrier. Will be more straightforward in 2025 as we’re only really planning on being in and around the ‘ring, as opposed to this year where we were all over the place.

It’s also not a “CS event”. Half the people who went last year, aren’t even on the forum / part of the club.