ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Saturday - Feedback Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
People revving their exhaust whilst parked was bad enough let alone loads of s**t sounding cars zooming round a track.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh Charlie loved that Clio Cup car that seemed to think it sounded like a Zonda.. it doesn't.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Oh Charlie loved that Clio Cup car that seemed to think it sounded like a Zonda.. it doesn't.

TBH I think thats a bit uncalled for.

20Ten racing came along, let our members get up close and sit in the thing as well as answering all their questions about the ClioCup race series. In fact I was speaking to them for about 20 minutes abuot it and they were really friendly/outgoing...

Didn't see the problem with them starting it up and having a few blips on the throttle.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Luke they revved it for 10 minutes at one point.

Okay it was a bit harsh but I didn't really see the need for it. It's a stunning car I just didn't see the need to sit and rev it every 30 minutes like a school child.

Just my opinion though.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'll tell you our main focus and a bit of a history lesson, this should give you an idea of what we are trying to achieve;

When I started going to CS meets way way back in 2002 the club was exactly that. Sure there was a forum but the main activity was meetings and events, far more social and a lot more fun. (Hi ladies)

This continued for several years, up until about 2005? Then the focus shifted to Cliosport being a much more web based club and if we are honest we took advantage of this by beefing up our on-line stuff, hosting, forum, shop were all improved. (OK maybe not the shop)

Membership packs followed, but that's for another thread. We all know what a great job Brian does with those.

When that was done we started to invest in show equipment and began to look at how we could bring some of that old school feel back to try and be a proper club again. FCS and Trax always had amazing turn outs but it always seems like its a chore to go, early starts and the same old tired format means that people end up being miserable all weekend.

We as admin aren't interested in doing an all in one all singing all dancing event. We just want you guys to show up, have a laugh, talk about cars and maybe end up with a load of new mates at the end of the day.

Alright?

clio 182 sexy blue
There were too many people there :( i fkin hate ppl. do i look like a ppl person..? ppl kept talking to me !!!

i just want to look at cars . DO NOT talk to me you freaks

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It wouldn't be far off that, if you wanted track time.

In fact i might be being super generous at £100

We WILL be dong dedicated CS track days next year, maybe even this year if i can manage it. So look out for those.

Nice one, cheers.

Charlie described it as 'ClioSport Social' which is spot on.

There isn't even going to be enough to entertain people all day. We could have Jessica Alba rubbing lotion into her boobs on loop and people would still find something to moan about. We've had some good suggestions already and we wanted to do a few extra things this year but unreliable people/time just meant it wasn't always possible. There will be new things for CSS12.

As Tom says, we aren't copying Trax/FCS, this is how we want things to be. We'll build on it year by year and see how we do. Hopefully people keep coming and you all enjoy yourselves.

I've noticed that none of the people that got involved and talked to people all day have said they were bored and lacked something to do. We'll get a volunteer with names badges bright and early next year. This is our first attempt at organising something like this, so there is going to be things that need to be improved, we fully expected that.

We'll never please everyone but if most of you are happy then that's great.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
As Tom says, we aren't copying Trax/FCS, this is how we want things to be.

Thank f**k ;)

I agree with Scrooge, if it's exactly the same as this year I'll be happy. If the weather is s**t, I'll blame CS though.

Just for reference.. I have enquired about Santa Pod. It is 10x the cost of Gaydon. That's just for the venue. Not everything else that costs us money. Plus they're fully booked so we could only have March or October.

Safe to say we won't be there next year! Lol.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Thank f**k. Because on top of that it would have been over my cold dead body.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Santa Pod?

Can I just say i'm genuinely gutted we didn't get that...

Mk3 dci
Does the venue really matter? I'd rather be in a random feild with a load of sound people that at the ring with a bunch of cockends..

It was more to highlight the cost of things.

We want to keep this a cheap event and the 'club feel' to it. That's the whole reason for doing it. Pod just highlights the costs involved if we end up with a track.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
The social aspect is what made the day for me.

I like cars (obviously), but, and with the greatest respect to all involved, once you've seen one polished Clio, you've seen them all. There were some smart cars there, but I firmly went to meet some folk I've chatted to for years, and put some faces to names.

Track time, tbh, that would put me off. I just imagine it will be full of weapons who think they're Lewis Hamilton.

As has been said by most of outcast corner, the social element made the day for me.

As I've said before, credit to the CS team for organising it all.

I know it'd hard for some people if you'e shy, but at something like CSS, you just need to bite the bullet. What's the worst that can happen? Someone who you never have to see again thinks you're a bit of a dick, no big deal.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think Gaydon highlighted the fact people were happy with very little other than decent space for the cars and people and the social feel. The Museum was a nice extra.

I'm surprised to see Gaydon being so cheap but I suppose it's just really a car park you're renting unlike a track or strip like Pod et al.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
There's just needs to be grass, lots of it, not a dusky car park like FCS etc.
Thats all well and good but when it rains, grass = no go.

I even had to have a contingency in place for the 2011 event as sticking the traders on boggy grass wouldn't have gone down too well. :eek:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah this format was lovely, but tbh if there wasn't grass to sit on a chill out my day wouldn't have been half as good.

Oh and if it rains, surely everyone would just go home?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Im reluctant to go totally grass just in-case it rains.

Yeah, nothing worse than trudging around muddy grass, and getting cars on/off it.

Are people moaning about the venue? I thought it was decent for what was needed.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Yeah this format was lovely, but tbh if there wasn't grass to sit on a chill out my day wouldn't have been half as good.

Would have just got my (now broken) chair out. All gravy.

What would be an argument for not holding it at Gaydon next year? Location was perfect imo.

What would be an argument for not holding it at Gaydon next year? Location was perfect imo.

No track to show off our track slaaaggzzzzz.

Gaydon was spot on, carpark for the people that wanna look at cars all day long, burger van and an area to sit around having a joke.

What more is needed?!

I reckon to make it even more of a top notch day, charge everyone more, get rid of the non essentials to save money (xbox & rodeo thing), hire a marqueee for the day, we will fill it with beer, camping chairs and a stereo. Done. If people don't wanna get involved and sleep in their cars so be it, they've paid.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
One other thing we haven't asked (and this could be dangerous as they may not want to, i havent spoken to them) would you like us to invite other clubs?

We have close ties (As in they were spawned from Cliosport) With Williams Clio, 197/200.net, V6 Clio and Megane and Twingo Sport forums.

Should we open it up to them too? or just keep it as it is?

Mk3 dci
I think opening it up could go either way.. it could be a properly great meet or everyone will just stay with same model owners :/

Status
Not open for further replies.