ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Saturday - Feedback Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, need to make the most of your boot supply next time.

It didn't last long :cheers:

Maybe someone should look after all the car keys if we could camp and get beered.

Tonys carpark got locked up but nobody was prattish enough to attempt to go stinking through the lanes at 3AM, you never know with some people though.

Deeg and Kev camping would have only made it even better.

Deeg would have to bring his ghetto blaster. Kev would have to bring his translator.

Bux

Golf GTD
Car cleaning was a bit much for me, even though im into deatiling its gunna get splatterd with flies again on the way home. Even saw some guy had a tea towel out and a bottle of blue tcut for his rb 182 lol

Yeah, he spent around 2 hours 'cleaning' his car, which was already clean, and then proceeded to sit inside it all day with his lady friend, getting a tan

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
As i tried to explain in my survey, the only things i didn't like about it was that some people were stupidly OTT cleaning their car until the point they went home, the lack of beers which maybe a camping area could help, would get people being more chatty too.

CS done everything it could for a first national meet imo.

CSS would be better as Clio Sport Social though!

There wasn't a lack of beers for you.

And yep the cleaning irritated the s**t out of me, absoloute reclouses some people.

I can't see anything wrong in wanting to present your car in it's best light to show how proud you are of it. Yes I was a sad muppet who threw some quick detailer on arrival . Time spent 10 - 15 minutes and still spent loads of time talking to people.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I can't see anything wrong in wanting to present your car in it's best light to show how proud you are of it. Yes I was a sad muppet who threw some quick detailer on arrival . Time spent 10 - 15 minutes and still spent loads of time talking to people.

That is fine i'm talking about the idiots spending over 3/4 hours then f**king off home.

Even after that effort no one took a picture of the barry boy bit of junk.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The Vee was still being cleaned as I left!

It was a little s**t and in a non original colour.

Keep it mate. The Toledo's engine bay got more attention.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
The people disgusted walking past mine when it had it's bonnet open pulling faces because the filth hidden in there lol

Clio 182ff
Day was excellent tbh. I didn't get to chat to everyone there but tried my best, the banter in the Museum sci-fi part was hilarious thou!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
The Vee was still being cleaned as I left!

It was a little s**t and in a non original colour.

Keep it mate. The Toledo's engine bay got more attention.

Gally just comes wadeing in making it 100% obvious who we are talking about lol

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
<3

Anyway I digress, cleaning is not really something admin can do anything about.

Filled in the survey.

Only negative point that hasnt been mentioned was having about 34546343554 flyers put on the car. If I want a service, ill come to them. Thats me being very picky though. Dont like people touching the car.

Thought the event was spot on though. No major improvements to be made. Best show ive been to imo. Every other show ive been to, ive been bored after a couple hours or so. This didn't happen on Saturday, so something must have been right. ;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Good thread this, some fair and constructive criticism. Hard to add anything to the majority of what others have said tbh!

As I mentioned briefly in another thread, I'm not the biggest fan of 'car shows' but for me personally CSS was far more of a social event. It was great being able to catch up with people you may only see twice a year and put faces to the names that you chat to and piss off on an (almost) daily basis on here. That's what I think next year should stress; that it's more of a social gathering than a run show. How, as a club, you're going to do that, I frankly don't have a clue as I know some people are shy or whatever - but it gives some food for thought.

I met some absolutely blinding people through camping last weekend, something that I'm sure will be extremely popular next year!

As a whole, it was an excellent day - ridiculously well organised and a real credit to the club. I also like how it sends a massive 'f**k you' to the boring same old's that feel the need to occasionally mention how the club 'isn't what it used to be'.

Well done again.

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
lol 'losing' the iCar was pretty funny, how you didnt know it was like 3feet away from you kris i dont know xD
Gally was pretty funny with the random shouting, I was gonna say who i was, but everytime I tried you were shouting at someone for winning a prize lmao

ITB'd MK1
Filled in the survey.

Only negative point that hasnt been mentioned was having about 34546343554 flyers put on the car. If I want a service, ill come to them. Thats me being very picky though. Dont like people touching the car.

Thought the event was spot on though. No major improvements to be made. Best show ive been to imo. Every other show ive been to, ive been bored after a couple hours or so. This didn't happen on Saturday, so something must have been right. ;)

thats why i didn't do it ;) I gave some cards out, but only to people I actually spoke to. windscreen flyers always go on the floor

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Because I was doing other things whilst writing the above post, it took me bloody ages.

But FLOL at some of the comments above! Ha!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
thats why i didn't do it ;) I gave some cards out, but only to people I actually spoke to. windscreen flyers always go on the floor

I remember having a one sided drunken convo with you around midnight mate and getting a card - f**k knows where I've put it though! Lol!

Good stuff. As soon as I spotted them on my car, or someone with flyers lurking around the car, they were straight off and into the boot. Didn't even look at what they were. Probably puts me off using the companies more than anything.

It was more annoying as people are walking around talking photos. Yeah, im sure all the owners want an a4 sheet of paper on their windscreen for the photo.

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
lol 'losing' the iCar was pretty funny, how you didnt know it was like 3feet away from you kris i dont know xD
Gally was pretty funny with the random shouting, I was gonna say who i was, but everytime I tried you were shouting at someone for winning a prize lmao

hahahaha all i could see was legs. thats why i took a step back and assessed the situation from a distance, soon as i did this i found it.

i know hodge you can become a celeb doing anything these days :approve:

Suzuki Jimny
The same child came up to me 3 times to try to give me a flyer. I politely told him to get lost.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Thanks everyone for taking the time to do this. We're keen to get as many responses as possible so keep them coming if you haven't already responded.

Clio v6
Filled in the survey, but forgot to mention more rubbish bins needed to be dotted around I think. I took my rubbish home. :)

I saw you lot in the 'outcasts' corner but as I realsied I'd already sold raffle tickets to you lot I went in search of others.

I'm not the most out-going person but I figure most of you already 'know' me already and I spent the whole day chatting to different people. It's not like you're walking up to a group of people in a pub and trying to get to know them. All the people there have a common interest and if you say 'Hi, I'm...' they'll say the same and there you go.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I saw you lot in the 'outcasts' corner but as I realsied I'd already sold raffle tickets to you lot I went in search of others.

I'm not the most out-going person but I figure most of you already 'know' me already and I spent the whole day chatting to different people. It's not like you're walking up to a group of people in a pub and trying to get to know them. All the people there have a common interest and if you say 'Hi, I'm...' they'll say the same and there you go.
Indeed, most people if you speak to them quite regularly on here should be spoken to like a friend you maybe haven't seen in a while (minus the translator)

We happily sat chatting bollox in the corner and went off to mingle when we fancied a walk.

I think Charlie covered 4 square feet all day. Grass - boot - grass - piss - boot ..

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Filled in the survey, but forgot to mention more rubbish bins needed to be dotted around I think. I took my rubbish home. :)

Yes that was mentioned actually, there were no bins at all except for one massive one.

I really enjoyed the day.

I'll admit, I went by myself and spent most the day by myself ha. I'm a really shy person, like really really shy and the thought of just going up to randoms who are in groups all getting along scares the s**t out of me! If it's a few people at a small meet, like 10 or so then I have no problems, but with so many people doing their thing I couldn't really get involved, but that's just me.

On a separate note, there doesn't really seem to much in my area (Oxfordshire way). Smaller events like this help people like me, as then when you go to these big events you have people you have met to talk to and hang around with, and you have a bit more confidence about talking to other people you don't know. I would volunteer for this position if it was made available, one as it would help me as a person, and two it can help other people like me. It's a great club, with a lot of great owners and I for one want to get involved more, this weekend made me realise that.

Anyway, I'm a faggot for not talking to anybody etc. :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh dear, you're the second person to mention that...

Status
Not open for further replies.