ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIP/OBD Reader South Bucks??? Help!

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Hello CS, first port of call when help is needed...

My neighbour has a Y reg 1.2 ph.1 (has owned for years) and the serv light is on. It's just been serviced and they want to understand what error codes are being thrown up. I have read that most OBD readers don't work particularly well with Renault's so hence the question, does somebody have a CLIP to help identify the issue. I'm sure some beer tokens will be available...

Thanks in advance.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I did ask this to be told "no other lights are on" I will ask again...

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
They don't have a general service light after so many miles unlike the Meganes.

There should be another light on simultaneously. Unless that light is not working haha.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Right, looked at the car...always the best way! It's not the SERV light, it's the EML light so something has gone awry.

The car does have an OBD port, will an ebay OBD reader work or will I be better using a RSTuner or CLIP? I can borrow an OBD reader but would need to borrow an RSTuner or CLIP.

Any further advice/help greatly appreciated.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
My U480 OBD reader has never let me down on fault codes if you want to use it.

I have a obd reader I carry in my car.
Works fine for basic codes.
I'm at jct4 m40
@Typhoon @car.crash many thanks for the offers. Typhoon, where abouts in Berkshire are you if you don't mind me asking, (I get the train from Maidenhead) and car.crash, I live very near J4 of the M40, if Typhoon is close to Maidenhead, it would be easier for me as it's on my daily commute but equally happy to pop up the A404 as I get petrol from the shell garage...

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
@Typhoon @car.crash many thanks for the offers. Typhoon, where abouts in Berkshire are you if you don't mind me asking, (I get the train from Maidenhead) and car.crash, I live very near J4 of the M40, if Typhoon is close to Maidenhead, it would be easier for me as it's on my daily commute but equally happy to pop up the A404 as I get petrol from the shell garage...
I'm in Windsor mate, but I work in Maidenhead! I work on the Maidenhead trade park.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
@car.crash is this you?
image.jpg

If so, I already know where you live!

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Yep. Come off the M4, third exit at roundabout, and it's literally 30 seconds from the roundabout on the right.
I get an early train out and am back late, would guess this wouldn't work?
@car.crash are you close to the shell garage at Handy Cross?

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
What do you mean? I'm normally in the office from 7am until about 6pm most days. Completely up to you.
I meant I get the 7.29am train and am back into Maidenhead at 7.30pm and did not want to presume that you would be available before or after these times. You are in work early! I can meet at 7am at your place of work if this isn't too inconvenient?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I meant I get the 7.29am train and am back into Maidenhead at 7.30pm and did not want to presume that you would be available before or after these times. You are in work early! I can meet at 7am at your place of work if this isn't too inconvenient?
Yeah, that's cool mate. If you can make it for about 6.50am tomorrow that would be ideal. I've got all our staff in tomorrow at 7am start so could give it to you before they all come in? Unless you want it next week then can do whenever.

Alternatively, you can pop to mine in Windsor any time you want.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Yeah, that's cool mate. If you can make it for about 6.50am tomorrow that would be ideal. I've got all our staff in tomorrow at 7am start so could give it to you before they all come in? Unless you want it next week then can do whenever.

Alternatively, you can pop to mine in Windsor any time you want.
Childcare rules out tomorrow unfortunately, however I can do Monday if that works with you?