ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clubsport style seating...options

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
So just following on from the motamec thread. Being all ‘on trend’ my clio build is going to head down the Club Sport theme. So going to remove the back seats etc. I want a pair of bucket seats that work well for road use, understanding I’m getting on a bit and my arse isn’t as pert as it used to be. I would love a pair of pole positions, but to be honest with a house extension and baby 3 on its way. I’m finding it difficult to justify the cost. Not to say I won’t go that route anyway, as frankly if I’m anything it’s irrational, impulsive and have a disregard for common sense. I was planning on buying some Trendlines, but they all look pretty knackered now and are fetching big money for what they are.

So to me the Corbeau Clubsport looked the perfect compromise. But in their wisdom they stopped producing them and despite recent communications with them, their new version has no publicised release date (sounds like it’s still at beer mat stage of the development)

so what options are there. I want something built for a proper sized bloke, that won’t rip if I so much as lift a cheek to fart and that my sorry old arse can get in and out of with a semblance of dignity. No budget set yet, just trying to sniff out the options and knowledge from those better informed.

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
I went from comfortable stock high rise sofas to Trendlines after waiting a year for a mint pair so feel your frustration.
The trouble is most buckets are bloody uncomfortable for a daily full stop no matter how good they look!
Ive got Cobra Misanos recliners in my Z and they ain’t too special either in the comfy corner.
If you want to go down that road they also do these Monaco Sports which seem good value.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I should say the car isn’t a daily, I have a big lump of a Merc for those duties and that’s like driving an old girlfriend who’s been at the Pringles!

My big thing with bucket seats is other than the Pole positions they all look a bit cheap! The Clubsport looked a great compromise and the XL’s seemed comfortable enough to me. Certainly for spirited weekend blasts. Which other than trips to the ring is likely all my clio will get used for

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Recaro Pole Positions if you want to spend that much. Superb seats.

If you’re on a tighter budget, these are proper comfy and not as claustrophobic as ‘proper’ track day seats. Cheap too.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I’ll just leave these here.
(Rear is stripped and carpeted now and it wears black belts)
Daily driven. 😉
B658BFA7-F906-46E2-ABDF-E2A0FDBBF2A1.jpeg
FA93FE6D-771E-4293-9B51-EF32CFE78C05.jpeg
EAF8EB0D-955C-4F1B-B27D-2412E1CB9855.jpeg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I love the Pole positions, but with seat mounts we are £2k plus aren’t we? They are the absolute perfect compromise as I see it. I may just have to bite the bloody bullet.

Could have had my recaros for less than half that 😉

I'm replacing the Recaros with XL corbeau Clubsports. Got them second hand off a lad on a Lupo page. Not fitted them yet, however I have been in @dann2707 182 and MR2 with them both in and theyre bang on for the money. Just don't fit them with sliders as they seem to flex like buggery.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Could have had my recaros for less than half that 😉

I'm replacing the Recaros with XL corbeau Clubsports. Got them second hand off a lad on a Lupo page. Not fitted them yet, however I have been in @dann2707 182 and MR2 with them both in and theyre bang on for the money. Just don't fit them with sliders as they seem to flex like buggery.

I know mate, but I couldn’t buy them now with quite a fair amount of financial commitment hanging over my head with new baby and a house extension. Couple of weeks to sort and move money about may have been a different conversation. But to be honest I think now I want a fixed back set.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
With black belts and carpet. Another seat well worth a look is the Cobra Nogaro. They’re designed to be a road/track seat like the Pole Position and have great seatbelt routing. View attachment 1517936View attachment 1517937View attachment 1517938View attachment 1517939

Just needs a rear strut/net now mate 😉. Looks fantastic, really nicely though through.

I like the Nogaro, it’s a touch cheaper than the Pp, but I think once I’m up to those dizzy heights as may as well keep going.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I went from comfortable stock high rise sofas to Trendlines after waiting a year for a mint pair so feel your frustration.
The trouble is most buckets are bloody uncomfortable for a daily full stop no matter how good they look!
Ive got Cobra Misanos recliners in my Z and they ain’t too special either in the comfy corner.
If you want to go down that road they also do these Monaco Sports which seem good value.
Cobra Monaco are awful cheap uncomfortable seats. I bought a road rally car that came with them and I did 1 event and half way through the rally i was numb. They were out and gone the next day.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Pole positions really are a nice seat. Wayyyyyy too much coin for normal people like myself though.
I’ve swapped from a Corbeau Clubsport to a Sparco Evo and it’s massively more comfortable. It’s more rigid and feels much better quality too.

5186FF44-5148-4F64-8AB7-698421B78700.jpeg

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I will be thinking about seats (and a rear cage or full cage if I am feeling a bit stupid at that point in time) for mine towards the end of the year as my seats are ripped and finding original Ph1 seats in good condition and reasonable price is impossible.
However the seats I had in my old Ph1 were the best bucket seats I have used. No idea what they were as they were in the car when I bought it. The were comfortable and every one that sat in them agreed (my friend wanted thnm for his BMW E21 as he fitted in these better and the colour suited the car). I did many long drives in it, longest was 6hrs straight, and no problems with them. I used it as a daily for a period of time and didn't bother me using them.

IMG_3244.JPG

If I knew what they were and where to find them I would look at getting another set, even in the brown too. I did swap them over at one point as you can see ont he passenger bolster near the hand brake was looking tired. Not ripped or close to ripping but the material was brushed from getting in/out.
I am certain they are not branded and not FIA approved and were possibly on the cheaper end of the spectrum. But they did the job.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I will be thinking about seats (and a rear cage or full cage if I am feeling a bit stupid at that point in time) for mine towards the end of the year as my seats are ripped and finding original Ph1 seats in good condition and reasonable price is impossible.
However the seats I had in my old Ph1 were the best bucket seats I have used. No idea what they were as they were in the car when I bought it. The were comfortable and every one that sat in them agreed (my friend wanted thnm for his BMW E21 as he fitted in these better and the colour suited the car). I did many long drives in it, longest was 6hrs straight, and no problems with them. I used it as a daily for a period of time and didn't bother me using them.

View attachment 1517979

If I knew what they were and where to find them I would look at getting another set, even in the brown too. I did swap them over at one point as you can see ont he passenger bolster near the hand brake was looking tired. Not ripped or close to ripping but the material was brushed from getting in/out.
I am certain they are not branded and not FIA approved and were possibly on the cheaper end of the spectrum. But they did the job.
Did you buy them from the Titanic salvage auction?

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't be my first choice of colours if I were putting them in myself, but they were too good to just replace for the sake of it so they stayed. The colour did sort of grow on my towards the end of owning it.