ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch on L reg RSI

clio rsi
i got a mk1 clio L reg 1.8 RSI, the clutch cable keeps on snapping and ive been told that its because it needs a new clutch. What would you say is a reasonable price? i was told the engine needed to come out:S some guy qouted me aruond £300 and some guy in a tyre shop said it should only cost around £170 fitted

S2000
I'm not totally sure about the RSi but I think what I'm about to say still applies. Firstly the engine does not have to come out, the box can be slid to the side to give enough room to change the clutch. Secondly, iirc the normal problem isn't actually the clutch when the cables keep snapping it can either be the clutch pedal mechanism or the bit where the clutch cable connects to the gearbox.

I think what I have said is correct, but someone who knows for sure should be able to tell you either way.

Civic Si
snapping clutch cables is a common sign of the clutch on its way out..

not sure about engine out on a rsi, but on my willy,i think you can either take the engine out or drop the sub frame..

in 18 months i went through 4 clutch cables on my RSi, and 2 clutches initially as it kept snapping, and it was exactly the same.

Tehre is a new pedal mechanism you can get from reno for 23 quid that eases the problem, aklso teh clutch fork and release bearing fron an R21 (iirc) is longer and so softened the clutch.

I am based in teh midlands and can doa clutch change for £150 for you plus cost of clutch, its a good day's work.

Subframe drop down on passenger side, and undo box and slide it out and swap clutch

Civic Si
£150?!?!
bargain, next time something goes wrong with my car, which i suspect will be in about 5 mins.. lol
i'll wang it up to yours pal ;)