ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch pedal return spring dci

Clio II dci
Hello,

I'm trying to find where's the spot that the spring fits since it fell out while driving and i'm not seeing any clear spot where it was mounted, does some1 here have a dci that can check pls ? It's an 04'.

The spring is equal to this one:

j-pedal-yayi-orijinal-8200700275__0422915749635814.jpg

Filmed a little video to see if someone can help, the clutch has enough force to retract by itself, been driving it for several months this way because 2 mechanics i went to said "it was no problem" (maybe it's tough to put it back on and they didn't want the trouble?)

Any advice?

Clio II dci clutch pedal

Clio II dci
Thanks, just found it, here , unfortunately searching with that info etc on other sites also with P/N 8200700275 i have no idea where that fits.
Gonna try to look better on the pedals again tomorrow, i see no mount behind the pedal for that for a spring that supposedly is to make strenght to pull it up, it must be somewhere on the top of the pedal on some weird mount, YT has pretty different mounts for other models.

If someone here has a DCI and is kind enough to try to find the spring and take a photo i'd be grateful :)

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
Doing a quick google search for MK2 DCI pedal box brought this image up from an Ebay listing (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133752838086). Checking your vid it looks similar but I could be wrong, you can see the wider side of the spring near the back of the assembly.

s-l1600.jpg

If someone here has a DCI and is kind enough to try to find the spring and take a photo i'd be grateful

Hopefully somebody can jump in with a definite answer.

Clio II dci
Doing a quick google search for MK2 DCI pedal box brought this image up from an Ebay listing (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133752838086). Checking your vid it looks similar but I could be wrong, you can see the wider side of the spring near the back of the assembly.

View attachment 1551523

Hopefully somebody can jump in with a definite answer.

Thanks man, it looks a bit different from mine though, but i think i've found where the mount is supposed to be, it's on the left side of the pedal (behind the part that moves) and the pedal seems to have some kind of mount that can be seen on the beginning of the video.

I'm going to get a better look tomorrow and update this thread.
Thanks for the help.

Clio II dci
Problem solved, pictures for future readers because i could not find this info anywhere online, got the part at a scrapeyard for 2€ because renault said it was discontinued and no stock was available. (it was 5€ at renault if it had stock apparently) . P/N confirmed: 8200700275

3 pics how it looked on the scrapeyard car BEFORE removing it.

sP73YAM.jpg
L3xvlH1.jpg
6MezrGQ.jpg

Now 5 pics in my Clio mounted;

76D0Mjy.jpg
0yqP2Te.jpg
lgAS7Vx.jpg

6Y9GV78.jpg
NVn5u6J.jpg

It was easy mounting it (idk why the 2 mechanics i went didn't seem too interested... anyway, you just pull the pedal down and the spring mounts without you having to do any pressure on it (spent like 1h trying to put it doing pressure, finally did it using a ziptie while pressuring it :D (after realized i didn't have to do it)

Now... i added 2 zip ties, one on the bottom to try to force the spring to not move because apparently that's the spot but there's no "clear mount", there's a piece of like a *mount* but when you decompress the spring by pulling the pedal down it allows it to jiggle a little bit (maybe the spring is a bit worn out idk) , and it would pop out out of place while testing it, (same thing that happened with the original i had probably, idk if something broke on the mount but i can't remember at the time) .

So, after mounting it i went to test the car and my god it's a f**king difference when putting the gears, that bit of spring makes the 2nd and 3rd gear mostly even more smooth than it was, and i don't have to go "easy" on the pedal and rev-matching all the time for it to seem smooth...

Strange thing how a part this important for the clutch gets dismissed by 2 mechanics in my area... goddamn, my clutch has almost 2y and has been suffering since then, i remember the spring fell out like 5y ago when i had a bad clutch which was heavier and finally got replaced like 2y ago.

Writing this to close the topic on this misterious spring only DCI's with cable clutch have between 98-04' (this actually came from a ph1, mine's a ph2.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Interesting. I was thinking this was from a hydraulic pedal box i.e. dci100

Clio II dci
Disregard my post above,

There is a bit of plastic (the other end) that is the support for this spring, there's no zip ties needed, it fits perfectly.
To put the spring there, i had to force the spring down, hold it with one ziptie (ziptie is strong asfu**) , then put it in place with the support, and cut the ziptie and let the spring release like in the pictures.

It hasn't fallen off yet and it's been like 2months

IMG_20211113_130158_Greatness.jpgIMG_20211113_130209_Greatness.jpgIMG_20211113_130216_Greatness.jpgIMG_20211113_130224_Greatness.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Edit: This is a dci 04'.