ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold start idle on a ’91 Clio 16v

Hi,

Was hoping someone could advise me on a cold start problem Im getting on my mk1 Clio 16v. When starting from cold the idle is erratic, varying +/- 500 from whatever revs you are at. When trying to accelerate the engine tries to stall. This happens only for a few minutes, but its a real pain. Ive cleaned the jets with some redex, but no change. Im guessing its one of the sensors or the idle control value, but I cant work out which one and how to solve it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Scoop.

Sounds like the ISCV.

Got a new one fitted on wednesday after similar symptons on my valver.

Runs perfect right from cold now.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Take it off & give it a good clean with carb cleaner first of all, took me about 10 mins, made alot of difference, that may solve your problem.

James

Nice one all. Was not sure if was a sensor or the control valve. Ill give it a clean first, then look to replace. Cheers for all your help, very impressive.

So, anyone where i can get some replacement seat covers for a 16v.?

Cheers, much apprecaited.

Scoop.