ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coming from a 16v racer to a Cup

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Havent posted in a while as been v.busy but recently sold my 16v for a cup and wanted to say how impressed i am with it so far.

The Cup is an incredable little car with great handling and good straight line speed, i was surprised how nice it feels going from a hardcore stripped 16v to a refined sports car which actually goes even faster than the valver in every way even with all interior in etc.

Steering seems much firmer and responsive than i thought it was gonna be, (not as firm as the valver but thats acceptable) and for every day driving is great, suspension feels like a Rolls Royce compared to my valver which i had for 5 years! And the best thing is i can hear the music over the engine lol i must be getting older...

But in all extremely pleased with the looks and performance of the car and would recommend the car as a perfect upgrade from the 16v/willy.

......oh yeah no problems what so ever << touch wood >>>

Quote: Originally posted by aaronc on 28 October 2004

Havent posted in a while as been v.busy but recently sold my 16v for a cup and wanted to say how impressed i am with it so far.

The Cup is an incredable little car with great handling and good straight line speed, i was surprised how nice it feels going from a hardcore stripped 16v to a refined sports car which actually goes even faster than the valver in every way even with all interior in etc.

Steering seems much firmer and responsive than i thought it was gonna be, (not as firm as the valver but thats acceptable) and for every day driving is great, suspension feels like a Rolls Royce compared to my valver which i had for 5 years! And the best thing is i can hear the Radio 2 over the engine lol i must be getting older...

But in all extremely pleased with the looks and performance of the car and would recommend the car as a perfect upgrade from the 16v/willy.

Yes, you are getting old!;)

Good to see you are happy with your purchase.:D

Steering seems much firmer and responsive than i thought it was gonna be, (not as firm as the valver but thats acceptable) and for every day driving is great, suspension feels like a Rolls Royce compared to my valver which i had for 5 years! And the best thing is i can hear the music over the engine lol i must be getting older...

Light the blue touch paper and stand back lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Although the willy/16v is the original...a cup is a newer upgrade and is quicker in general as standard...good move up if you ask me...

ian

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Dont get me wrong, the 16v was certainly fun and i intend in getting a stripped 2.0ltr very soon, i certainly miss the exhaust widely popping and kart handling it had, and the fact you could push it as hard as you could round brands and it would hardly put a foot wrong :) ..

...However for an every day car with all the bits in the back/front of it, the Cup certainly does the job extremely well and is alot quicker than i originally thought, pulls so well from 2.5krpm and tbh would leave my old 16v behind even with it stripped out and mine was certianly no slow couch!

Will be doing a track day at Brands soon so anyone who wants to join me, come along!

wow, long time no speak bud.

Your business must be going pretty well!

We need to catch up, i still have something that belongs to you :confused:

hello matey u been good long time no hear or speak but i guess u ben busy with your business yh.hope its going well

you got that bit wrong theperfect upgrade is wat im rolling around in now a integra R, just like the valver but better in every way lol

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Will be doing a track day at Brands soon so anyone who wants to join me, come along!
So you finally went for a Cup eh? Good lad :devilish:

Let me know when youre at Brands next... could do with another outing. Any thoughts on when youll go?

Clio RS 172

The Original is the Renault 5 mk1 Alpine/Gordini... Just so that is stated...

|sAs|

Although the willy/16v is the original...a cup is a newer upgrade and is quicker in general as standard...good move up if you ask me...

ian

[Edited by |sAs| on 29 October 2004 at 1:23pm]

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

im the exact same as you!! i upgraded my williams3 for my 172.......

agreee with all your comments