ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Comments requested (harsh welcome too)

Hi all,

Just now I am trying to sell my Clio as we're reducing to one car as my wife is pregnant again.

Unfortunately, I am not getting a lot of interest and am confused why, as I don't think the car is overpriced. It's advertised for £3995

Looking for your comments on information, price etc which you think may be putting buyers off even contacting me. Could it be due to the modifications? Would I be best putting it back to standard?

2004 model, 53 plate
54,400 miles (cambelt done at 51,500)
Service History (part dealer, receipts for service parts for others)
MOT Nov 10
Tax Jan 2011

clio1.jpg

clio2.jpg

Kinda getting desperate to sell now, but dont want to just give the car away as its a great little car.

Standard wheels and suspension, and it'll sell. Looks like a clean example in the pics, price seems fair for the age and mileage.

The wheels you have on it now are gash.

Ph1 172.
I'd put it back to standard, lots of people see modified and think it's been ragged about by a chav.

Mk4 .:R32
I sold mine 18 months ago with 40k miles on it for about that (the belts had been done, had H&R coilovers, trophy wheels etc and was mint)

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
+1 on the wheels. Put them back on and it'll be more appealing for buyers.

The wheels would put me straight off, and I'd move on to the next. The respray wouldn't worry me, as long as it was done properly.

Lionel Richie
you're missing 2 little stickers off the front bumper, no one ever replaces them as they cost a fortune

see the "slot" above the number plate? there's meant to be 2 black textured stickers at either end of that slot in the wee recesses

you're missing 2 little stickers off the front bumper, no one ever replaces them as they cost a fortune

see the "slot" above the number plate? there's meant to be 2 black textured stickers at either end of that slot in the wee recesses

any pics of a clio with these? I'm trying to picture that and my brain aint working lol

Mini Cooper S
Standard wheels and drop the price to £3500. There are plenty of 182s for around the £4k mark.

would have guessed wheels and money as well. to be fair about the paint, lots of dealers will have the front end of younger cars of this type resprayed to sort any chips, so not necessarily been smacked

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
would have guessed wheels and money as well. to be fair about the paint, lots of dealers will have the front end of younger cars of this type resprayed to sort any chips, so not necessarily been smacked

Good point. The bonnet and front bumper on mine have both taken a hammering from stone chips over the years. Its hard to say if leaving it 'appeals' more - helping to prove that nothing has been damaged, or having a respray and being more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Tough call imo.

D.

Black Clio GT
put some standard rims on, maybe get some standard suspension and say you can refit it at no extra cost so buyer has a choice......
maybe some new arty pics and some shots of the inside??

Discounted 1*2 parts
i sold my 182 for £3600 that was a 2004 model with the most comprehensive service history you could have so i dont think you'll get £4k for a 172 when there are so many others out there for less

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
personally wheels for me, i'd click straight back off your advert as soon as i'd see them wheels.

I am amazed that people cannot work out that if something does not sell, they need to lower the price.

I would give you 500 quid for this car now. I will pick it up this evening. Cash.

This statement proves that the car will sell. You just dont have the right price.

Standard wheels needed, people see big aftermarket wheels and assume your a chav that rags the car and don't look after it.

Might not be the case but it's just how it is.

182 f/f
Standard wheels - just 5 days ago i bought a car very similar to yours - nice and clean - belts done - standard wheels refurbed - but to be honest i wouldnt have even looked at ur car with those wheels on (sorry don't mean to be harsh but it might help u sell it)

Standard wheels - just 5 days ago i bought a car very similar to yours - nice and clean - belts done - standard wheels refurbed - but to be honest i wouldnt have even looked at ur car with those wheels on (sorry don't mean to be harsh but it might help u sell it)

Thanks mate. I'm happy to receive comments regardless how harsh. Definately plan to turn it back to standard now after the general opinion on things.

I am amazed that people cannot work out that if something does not sell, they need to lower the price.

I would give you 500 quid for this car now. I will pick it up this evening. Cash.

This statement proves that the car will sell. You just dont have the right price.

lol, thanks mate. However, the other side of that argument is that if its too cheap, nobody would be interested as they'd think it was shagged.

Mini Cooper S sport
I know everyone's said the wheels are gash. But they ARE gash.

They're putting everyone straight off.

I know everyone's said the wheels are gash. But they ARE gash.

They're putting everyone straight off.

lol, yeah, looks like it. Funny thing is, in the flesh they don't really look as bad as everyone is saying. Still, general opinion is that they are pish, so therefore........................... they are pish

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Invest in some std rims, maybe drop price by around £500 notes and i think you'll see a difference in the amount of interest. For me personally the unknwon reasoning behind the front end respray and those rims put me off straight away.

Theres an iceberg with similar looking wheels (not to mention a grim centre mount oval exhaust and front end respray) at a garage near us-its been there for ages yet is similar-ish mileage and £500 cheaper than yours is up for.

Good luck with the sale mate

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I am actually in the market for a 172 at the moment and, as has been said, I wouldnt even look twice, purely because of the wheels.

Such a shame, as I bet its a nice car.

As has also been said, 182's can be had for that money too.

Its a buyers market at the mo.

Give you £3k cash, and I will sort the wheel issue out myself? lol

I am actually in the market for a 172 at the moment and, as has been said, I wouldnt even look twice, purely because of the wheels.

Such a shame, as I bet its a nice car.

As has also been said, 182's can be had for that money too.

Its a buyers market at the mo.

Give you £3k cash, and I will sort the wheel issue out myself? lol

I'll hold off just now until I can get it back to standard I think. I paid a lot more than 3k for it so I'd rather keep it than lose so much after only 6 months