ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Company phone upgrades x 40 handsets (not contract upgrades)

Rav4
Hi,

Need to upgrade 40x handsets.

Was going to get the Lumia 710's but now that the 800's have come down, thinking about them.

I will need to get them sim free, as we already have the contracts in place and using our provider, their prices are extortionate.

Asda are selling them for £149 inc vat for sim free, but they aren't getting back to me. CPW won't price match it, as it's lower than their cost and they won't sell me more than 2 PAYG handsets.

All other places are really expensive.

Do you have any resellers/distributors you use, that have descent prices?

Thanks,

G.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You'd be insane to go for a 7.x windows phone. Its DOA.

Speak to people like expansys.

Rav4
You'd be insane to go for a 7.x windows phone. Its DOA.

Speak to people like expansys.

It's a work phone, as long as get emails and make calls :)

Currently have E71's.

Only the new phones about to be released will be on 8.x and they are a lot more money, but I see what you are getting at.

Which phones would you recommend then?

40 phones, budget of 8k.

Thanks,

G.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah thats quite the dillemma.

If you could negotiate with someone like expansys, i reckon you could get the HTC One V under budget.

Even ebuyer would be willing to do you a deal i reckon.

Cupra
We tried to do something similar but got such a backlash from unhappy staff about the proposed handsets (Samsung Galaxy Ace) that we had to change the policy and offer a buy up option. Are the Lumias actually any good?

Our company provides a standard handset at a set rate, and anything above that is paid for by the employee. A lot of people went for the standard phones, and the others were happy with their cheaper iPhones/ SIIs etc.
It all depends on what sort of group you are working with I guess, but I'd rather not take a phone, go sim only and pay my own way than put up with some of the cheaper Smart phones on the market.

Just my 2cents.

Rav4
We tried to do something similar but got such a backlash from unhappy staff about the proposed handsets (Samsung Galaxy Ace) that we had to change the policy and offer a buy up option. Are the Lumias actually any good?

Our company provides a standard handset at a set rate, and anything above that is paid for by the employee. A lot of people went for the standard phones, and the others were happy with their cheaper iPhones/ SIIs etc.
It all depends on what sort of group you are working with I guess, but I'd rather not take a phone, go sim only and pay my own way than put up with some of the cheaper Smart phones on the market.

Just my 2cents.

Andy, I was looking at this option, however, decided not to go down this route. When people leave the company, how do you go about it, just give them the phone?

It's so hard meeting everyones requirements, people just love complaining.

:(

Lumia's, even though no iPhones, are great. I love tinkering and playing around, but I just found Android so un-user friendly, yes you can get it to do this and that, you can hack it and change the ROMS, you can even probably get it to cook you a meal, but sometimes you just want something that works and as much as I hate saying it, WP7 is a great OS. WP7.8 & 8.x will be superb.

If the Lumia 800 was the same price as an iPhone, obviously we know who the winner is but at the prices they are coming down to, they are great. Well, I like them.

:)

Rav4
Expansys can offer me a £4 discount per phone....... so £210 inc VAT. Which is not enough really.

Rather stuck on this, seems just easier to upgrade the contracts but rather not until they are all inline.

Rav4
Hi Tom,

They only have 1 in stock sadly.

Tried Misco, but they will charge £210 + VAT.

Not spending that much as it's ridiculous and people smash up their phones here, winds me up.

Might have to go down to the Lumia 710/610.

Rav4
Right.

Supplier won't/can't match the price and o2 won't sell it to us, as we go through a broker.

Awesome :)