ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Components in a 16V - in the back

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

I am thinking about putting a set of components in the rear of my clio, not on the shelf cos ive had two lots robbed now..:mad:

I would like to fit some 8" mids and a pair of tweeters on the two rear interior cards/panels - has anyone attempted this? is is easy?

Any tips of what to do or what not to do would be cool....or should i just make a stealth shelf??

Dont know what to do!!!!!!!:confused:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

nah mate buy some 6inch jl subs instead and put them in the back

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

How did you make em ? Did you chop up the interior and fit the speakers, or did u make some builds that fit onto the top of the existing panels?

I would ideally like some 8" mid & some tweeters in the back, same for the front - do u have any ideas for the front? Are door builds/speeker pods easy to make? - never attempted those - put some 6" and a half mids in the doors and made a bit of a mess of the door cards to be honest..

I got some pannels form a scrap car and cut the back off and made a MDF pannel to fit the back i only had 6" and tweter in but you could fit 8" in no bother. And you know the little pannel with the cloth on i took the cloth off and drilled loads of holes in it and replaced it with acostic cloth. sorry about the spelling. also i replaced the front cloth too so they matched you could not tell when they were done apart from the cloth was different. very stelth they were.

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Mmm...not a bad idea, might give it a go tw, if i can get hold of a spare iterior from a dead car...have to go visit Mr Scrap Man on Friday...do you know how to do the front doors for the same size speaker? Thinkin abount putting the tweeters on the top of the dashboard next tp the A-posts - is it hard to take the top of the dash off?

I could talk you through it if you like ? but it mite take me a bit cos im not the fastest typer in the word or the best speller :oops:

Yeah i ment the little pannel on the front doors i put the same cloth on them as the back pannels so they looked the same.

I dont think you could put 8" in the front door not with out taking some metal out anyway. Ive got 6" and a halfs in the front thats all you need really and the tweeters are in were the dash speakers were. i hade a good idea for there to if you what to hear it

Ill try to. you know the 4" thats in the dash get some from a scrap car and smash the magnet of the back and cut the cone out of the speaker so your left with the basket. i mounted my tweter in the basket just with some bule tack and then just screwed the basket back in place i also angled them across to the passangers side and angled the passager side over to the drivers side its spot on and you cant see them. So noone knows there there they just look standed and if you have 6" in the doors they just look like the standed fitment ones from reno unless you get in and get a good look.

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Thats not a bad idea - i was wondering how u could put a tweeter behind the original speaker grille in the dash, but couldnt work out how to do it, as it would need some sort of housing....think i have some old factoty speakers in the garage...nice one:cool:

Ill try it and let u u know when i get some new speekers, hopefully this weekend..

Ok mate :) let me know and ill talk you through the rear quarter pannels when you want to do them its not hard ;)

P carr

P.S. Why not do the same in the back 6" in the rear pannels and tweter in the rear 4" place were the self fits in ?

Just an idea it will be nice and stealth you wont know you have lots of ice in so the twocers wont be tempted. the little c**ts

P carr

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Could have a go at that aswell - it would be better for the stereo imaging wouldnt it? if the speakeres are a little further apart?mmmm...got me thinkin now...

Yeah mine sound spot on at first i just had the tweters pointing strate but then i angled them driver to passager and passager to driver and it sounds loads better. also i put some sound deading in the doors made a bit differance.