ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

computer having a moment, with vid.

Changes to often
well filled up with petrol, reset my computer like i always do, usual get between 35-38 mpg. but noticed when i was home my mpg was dropping, fast! the same with the distance to go meter too.

Im puzzled as its never done this before, no light on the dash or anything tho, anyone else had this issue?

th_20121021_210248_zps50f2f05e.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Mine does it too. Modern cars tend to switch to litres per minute or something similar when idling.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's because the computer has been reset. It works out your average MPG over distance an needs at least 0.5miles to start working its magic. After that, the more miles you've done the more stable the reading will be.

If you've only done 3miles (for example) and then sit at a set of red lights for a minute or two the average MPG will fall very fast. This value is also used to work out the predicted range also which in turn will also react as its base sums alter.

Changes to often
It's because the computer has been reset. It works out your average MPG over distance an needs at least 0.5miles to start working its magic. After that, the more miles you've done the more stable the reading will be.

If you've only done 3miles (for example) and then sit at a set of red lights for a minute or two the average MPG will fall very fast. This value is also used to work out the predicted range also which in turn will also react as its base sums alter.

cheers for that, thats very likely it, i had only done a few miles from reseting it, jst never noticed it before, thought i had a leak lol

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
if you want to know exactly how much the engine is using, enter the diagnostic mode by holding down the computer button and starting the car at the same time.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
That's about the figure mine shows all the time! :S

Stupid lard arse of a 197!