ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Concept: Clio Dynamique-S

Been looking into getting a 182 recently and thought I better check all my other options first. Although the 182 is incredibly well priced I noticed looking into other cars that Renault is missing a a mid-range "warm hatch" if you will. It jumps from the Dynamique 1.6 (110bhp, £10.4k) to the 182 at £14.7k.

Obviously this doesnt apply to most of you here but I really dont feel the need for a 182bhp 2l Clio or the costs associated with it. Something around 130bhp is plenty enough for my needs on the roads I cover, its the handling that really sells it to me and we all now the Clio is already sorted in that respect.

Anyways, I was thinking a Dynamique S or something like that, no need to dilute the RenaultSport brand with a lower spec car and there are plenty of places for a car to go in the massive Clio range already. Spec up the 1.6 engine, squeeze another 20bhp or so out of the engine and you already have a fairly impressive car, take some styling tips from the 182 and job done.

I guess the main concern is price, theoretically you have a massive £4000 gap to play with between the highest spec Dynamique and the 182, but of course realistically that gap is actually a couple thousand at most. If they can manage it at a OTR of £12,500 its a car I would buy without fail. Although thats in 182 territory Im sure Im not alone in wishing this sort of car was made available???

BMW X5

Why not buy a second hand 172 or 182? I think u can get them for like 11k?

Jus cause u have the power, u dont have 2use it, but no point payin more for less if u get me?

Dave

Initial cost isnt really a concern, but obviously the running costs of a 2.0l are going to be than that of the smaller engine whether I use the power or not, not to mention insurance.

Just thought a mid-range Sport model would be great, especially as Im currently weighing up between the 1.6 and the 182!

P

peterh2

You can never have enough power! I wish renault put another 100 in my 182. Mmmm a clio 282!

The 1.6 is the mid range.

The extra costs of the 172 /182 arnt as big as you may think mpg is about the same the extra service cost is very little and insurance doesnt change much as the 1.6 is group 14 (or so) anyway.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

the first servise cost is actually cheaper on a 172/182 than my 1.6 dynamique cos its a 12k no a 18k