ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cookie's (wife's) new Nissan Juke

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
12088072_10153696016491917_1208220998550695097_n.jpg

Behold it's creepy glory
11254503_10153696016531917_1316297000649455985_n.jpg

Has a g meter, because Godzilla
12088293_10153696016566917_5903398628142243829_n.jpg

Testing out the bluetooth streaming with appropriate tunes
12096393_10153696016641917_2107935464466057613_n.jpg

115 bhps!
Arrived today with 196 miles on the clock (grey top had driven it down from the dealer in Telford). It's a flat white 1.2 DiG-T, trim is acenta premium (which has just changed trim names, so I think it corresponds to n-connecta, or bo selecta, one of those)
It has many features, such as sat nav that probably functions, a g meter, a turbo noises, 1 third the power of my M3 and a large boot.
Also has a reversing camera so she can look backwards as she destroys my bumper. I've not even driven it yet, she makes growling noises at me when I say I'm taking it for a spin. I have however sat and worked out all the functions so that she doesn't have to

You can tell how excited I am at having to keep a white car clean.

My first impressions from the passenger seat are that it actually has compliant suspension and can handle bumps, and it's quite high up for a normal car. I don't mind the looks, but then I dress like a mong. The stop start works, but my wife doesn't notice that the engine is off. I'm looking forward to driving the M3 back to back with it, and probably crashing
f**king slow as s**t though.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and because I'll get asked, I think she's paying £158 a month for it, 10k pcm, 2 year lease through G2L (finance company is Arval)
Leasing is still the devil, but I'm not paying for this one so....

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I think they're nice to drive, dog slow as you say but a nice place to be.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You can swap between normal, sport and eco. I think they are all slow.
Tbh @Daz. the one we test drive was perfectly pleasant to drive, I just don't really drive normal people cars that often so I struggle to be interested with them
It affects how guilty you feel while traveling slowly.

Clio
Hate it when you see a thread title that only displays the first couple of words and then you are disappointed of content when you open it up.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Oh I couldn't live with one daily - noooooo no no no.
I wouldn't even let the wife have one as I'd end up driving it on 'family outings'

But as a car to get me home - it was nice to drive :)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Please clean your neighbours car.
It hasn't moved since we moved in July 2014, it's been sat there longer than that. My neighbours are weird. Car doesn't run, she won't fix it as she has an i10, so it sits there. I'm not cleaning it though, it's bad enough I mow her front garden for her.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
It hasn't moved since we moved in July 2014, it's been sat there longer than that. My neighbours are weird. Car doesn't run, she won't fix it as she has an i10, so it sits there. I'm not cleaning it though, it's bad enough I mow her front garden for her.

I couldn't face that every single day lol.
I'd have to either clean it or offer to buy it off her to move it!! Its devaluing your property FFS 😂
Perhaps your lawnmower could catch fire next to it next time you mow the lawn?

Listerine & Poledo
Oh. Maybe just put the M3 on axle stands (again) and park a caravan on the drive to complete the look?
Ideally it shouldn't be left on hard-standing either.
kick a window out and leave it on bricks on the grass....preferably the grass should be patchy at best and mostly mud.

Listerine & Poledo
You do, of course, appreciate how some people don't have such an anal mindset for their vehicles.

As strange as it may sound, some people just put petrol in them and drive them to places they need to go.

That's right, they haven't even thought about doing something simple, like silvervisions. Madness, I know. I know.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
You do, of course, appreciate how some people don't have such an anal mindset for their vehicles.

As strange as it may sound, some people just put petrol in them and drive them to places they need to go.

That's right, they haven't even thought about doing something simple, like silvervisions. Madness, I know. I know.
I see you've met my wife

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Based on my experience, "D-mode" is engaged when the driver wants to try to drive like someone with half a brain.

I'd say "D-mode" is rarely used in 99 % of the gashguys I've seen on the road.

Never mind Cookster, at least it works.

It doesn't matter, there's no way she can look out of her window see that mess looking back her & think 'yeah the Clio's looking good today' I bet she looks like sh*t & her house does too!

Sorry for the OT.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Based on my experience, "D-mode" is engaged when the driver wants to try to drive like someone with half a brain.

I'd say "D-mode" is rarely used in 99 % of the gashguys I've seen on the road.

Never mind Cookster, at least it works.
I'm never driving it in whatever normal or eco modes are, I don't see the point. Why not have all the power all the time?

Listerine & Poledo
Why not have all the power all the time?
Like a 'fun'-size Mars bar.
Either you have the entire, meagre amount all in one go.
Or you meter it out over a few bites and feel just as unsatisfied.....but it took longer.....

...hang on, that's a familiar story.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
It will be good a what it does and that's a-b driving.
Personally I like them and my wife would have one in a heartbeat.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I hope you have a pair of white moonboots to wear whilst driving.