ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cool Blue racing fuel - 106 octane

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Ha ha mad!

My bro put octane booster into his fuel (Optimax) the other day in his STi and it deffo made a difference. Well we thought it did but may be psycological? (sp?)

Can someone confirm it does actually work? The octane booster puts it to about 100/101

Im sure the above stuff does at 106! lol

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by Tom20v on 28 April 2005

Ha ha mad!

Can someone confirm it does actually work? The octane booster puts it to about 100/101

yes mate it makes a real difference !!

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower

try AVGas . available from your local airfield

tried it in a racing 2.0 XE several years ago and it made a difference

Industrial thinners, or Acetone works pretty immensely but I wouldnt have a clue how much damage it does. seen how quick a 216GSi was running on this stuff & it had to be seen to be believed. Funnily enough, my mate didnt have the car long after that....

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Quote: Originally posted by Tom20v on 28 April 2005

Ha ha mad!

My bro put octane booster into his fuel (Optimax) the other day in his STi and it deffo made a difference. Well we thought it did but may be psycological? (sp?)

Im sure the above stuff does at 106! lol

Yes it does make a difference, my car seems to love NF Octane booster.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

norris designs evo uses that stuff, and the guy says it puts out over 900bhp on cool blue, and makes JUST 750 odd bhp on optimax, so yeah it works,

BMW 320d Sport

Well if youre engines mapped for high octane then use it. If its not then its not much use unless youre running high charge temps and cant do anything about them...

Quote: Originally posted by Dootchy on 28 April 2005

Industrial thinners, or Acetone works pretty immensely but I wouldnt have a clue how much damage it does. seen how quick a 216GSi was running on this stuff & it had to be seen to be believed. Funnily enough, my mate didnt have the car long after that....
Yup!

All that fancy octane boost you see sold in bottles is nothing but toluene with some filler, or toluene and xylene mix for the super fancy stuff.

Its not dangerous and F1 cars ran on toluene neat (basically).

You can pickup both toluene (metheyl benzene) and xylene from any chemical supplier.....about a tenner for 5ltrs instead of 15 quid for 250ml.

PLus you dont have to mix it in such concentrate mictures.....

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 28 April 2005

£35! How you can say its worth it? Unless you live your life "one 1/4 mile at a time" ...hmm.
£35 for 10 litres and you mix it with 50% optimax, so in effect i think thats roughly £1.90 per litre... not so costly when you think about it!

group buy discount???