ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant dripping from radiator

Clio 172 Cup
Hi all I've had a light leak from my new 172 cup so set about taking the bumper off today to get a closer look. From what I can see the coolant is dripping off the lower passenger side of the radiator. Are they a pain to change or take off and could I be ok to drive it with the slight drip, reason I ask is because I use the car to drive from Lincoln to Heathrow every week and can't really get it booked in before I go on Monday.

Thanks for your help

Should be ok as long as you keep it topped up.

It's not hard changing the radiator. Or you could be brave and use radweld

DO NOT USE RAD WELD. Causes more trouble than it solves. Radiates are easy enough to change on a cup (provided it has no AC) just allow more time to travel so you can stop and check the level.

Clio 172 Cup
Is radweld that bad? I put a bottle in last night so if it is ill flush it out and just top back up with coolant? It's just doing my head in as I need the car to get to work as I've just gone self employed and if I don't get there I lose a lot of money :(

PB Clio 172
Is radweld that bad? I put a bottle in last night so if it is ill flush it out and just top back up with coolant? It's just doing my head in as I need the car to get to work as I've just gone self employed and if I don't get there I lose a lot of money :(

so you post a thread asking for help, Dan helps you but u still go against his word and good advice- whats the point......

Clio 172 Cup
If you notice I put that post on last night, Dan replied today! I had already put the rad weld in so I'm not going against what he said at all, I asked whether I should flush it out as i had already put it in the car.

Dan, thanks for the advice ill give flushing it through a go it's not moved since last night although has been run so fingers crossed, I used to use radweld years ago but didn't realise it was a bad idea, sorry.