ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

copycat seats

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
Anyone had any experince with recaro/sparco/cobra copy seats?
Is the standard alot less than genuine ones? are they as comfy?
Looking for new front seat, would love trendlines but too expensive.
Also looking at evo 8 and acord type r but not much luck.
any opinions?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Do you mean cheap Ebay replica's?

Would you really want to be sat in one of those in an accident???

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
well thats what im asking. are they that bad or are they basically the same but noname on them.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole tbh. They are cheap for a reason. No such thing as a free lunch.

Charged Superleggera
those ones gaz are replica's of sparco torino 2 which are very comfy but i dont know how these will compare considering sparco torino's cost over 1k last time i checked on demon tweeks

they are copies for a reason. might sound snobbish but id be embaressed to buy them, granted real ones are more but riding OEM until you can get some decent branded ones is classier and safer imo

keep checking on here mate link (old link I have bookmarked so try a new search)

give it a couple of weeks I guarantee you will have a set of decent seats.

When looking for mine a couple of months ago I found 2-3 sets that were worthy of my pennies within 5 days.

I'd not touch replica seats at all tbh. Evo 8 seats come up a fair bit on ebay, it's just a case of keep on looking.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
TBH Seats really don't cost much to make, so I wouldn't be worried on that front, but if they're working on a budget you don't know what they could be cutting costs on.

They should be fit for purpose though and definately shouldn't fall apart.