ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Could this cause any damage?

Titanium phase 1
As above,I'm wanting to take out my aircon but leave the pump in place untill the new year when I get the delete kit fitted,so if I remove all the pipe work will it cause any damage to the pump,ie burn it out and cause problems with the aux belt or can I get away with it? A/c radiator will be gone aswell.

Titanium phase 1
Ideally I would mate but the respray is coming first and want as much out of the way in the engine bay to achieve a good finish

Titanium phase 1
I don't use it and it looks better without,plus the kit replaces all the pulleys to lightweight ones,less rotational mass and worth about 3-4 bhp per tonne,it all adds up ;)

Clio.
Won't damage your car/engine no.
The A/C pump is on a clutch, only engages/drives the pump when the clutch is energized by an electrical feed.
Just make sure the single pin electrical connection is taken off and isolated.
Also, the pump will effectively become scrap when the A/C pipes are disconnected for a long time.

Clio.
Unless its de-gassed itself....but yes good comment.
It is currently illegal to vent A/C gas to atmosphere....that also goes for garages or individuals who know the A/C system has a leak, but re gas a system to find that leak!

Titanium phase 1
It's not got any gas in it,doesn't make a difference whether on or off but,I suppose the pump could be knackard?