ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Courtesy Car = Bag over head

Clio 172
Booked my car for its MOT yesterday and was given a bloody Hyundia Getz as a courstesy car !:clown:

It has to be said this thing corners like it is on marsh mellow springs and you have rev the tits off it to go anywhere !! But the worst thing is that the indicator stalk is on the otherside, so the windscreen wipers go besirk at roundabouts

Hope nobody see's me driving this piece of crap

I have to ask the question has anyone been even less fortunate than me with a courstesy car ?

RB 200 Cup!
haha - when my car was away for repairs after some stupid cow hit me they gave me a getz - took it up my mates dads farm and sepnt a few days hand brak turns and reverse to firsts - great fun these little cars! ended up havnign to be pulled outta field by a tractor tho cos parked on a boggy slope and it sank - pmsl

Fiesta ST3
i ended up with a 1.2 5 door clio on monday:(
you dont realise how horrible normal clios are after you have been driving the 182 for a while:D

Clio 1.4 16v
Aha, you also don't realise how much a Courtesy car can be ragged!! ;)

Oh, I had a Toyota Yaris when I had my accident, 5 door, it was like being in a cathedral, so much headroom!

LY 200
I had a mk6 fiesta as a courtesy car a few years back when they'd just come out......Still tried my best not to be seen it though!!!

By the way, aint you a former Coventry/Southampton star?? ;)

Clio 172
Apparantly I'm playing for Celtic now...I wish $$$

Never gone over speed bumps as fast:race: !!!

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Tele said:
Booked my car for its MOT yesterday and was given a bloody Hyundia Getz as a courstesy car !:clown:

It has to be said this thing corners like it is on marsh mellow springs and you have rev the tits off it to go anywhere !! But the worst thing is that the indicator stalk is on the otherside, so the windscreen wipers go besirk at roundabouts

Hope nobody see's me driving this piece of crap

I have to ask the question has anyone been even less fortunate than me with a courstesy car ?

i thought they were meant to give you a car in the same class as your current car.

They tried giving me a 1.0 fiat when I took my car in last time and I told them to get stuffed, so they give me a brand new focus cmax.

Megane Mk4
My last courtesy car was a 1.4 Modus expression when my 182 went in for a service.

Made the 182 feel like a speed demon afterwards :D

car? need a license 1st!
my mate got a courtesy car.. Daewoo (now Chrysler) Matiz...

would pull 65!!! with 4 of us in it!! Pure beast!

go into a corner any faster than 5mph and it tipped over!! class.. funny..

An orange one
i currently have a 56 plate clio extreme 1.2 with huge finance stickers and the dealers name all over it and down the sides..

my good god..its f**king drab!

bit of a come down from the v6..hehe, hope i get it back today!!:):)

Timmay said:
haha - when my car was away for repairs after some stupid cow hit me they gave me a getz - took it up my mates dads farm and sepnt a few days hand brak turns and reverse to firsts - great fun these little cars! ended up havnign to be pulled outta field by a tractor tho cos parked on a boggy slope and it sank - pmsl

pmsl!

Clio 172
Just to rub salt in the wounds, just found out my car has failed the MOT, on something trivial :mad:

Think I will take out on the Getz !

i had a 5 door micra, new style in a horrid pinkish purple.. 1.0 of pure power!!! the 182 was scary quick after three months in that!

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Tele said:
But the worst thing is that the indicator stalk is on the otherside, so the windscreen wipers go besirk at roundabouts

lol, at least you try and indicate mate, unlike the other 64million or so moron drivers in this country I come accross every day :approve:

BMW M135i
^^
Very true :D, you can have so much fun in a courtesy car. I always go out my way to rag it senseless.

tbh, my micra handled really well.. or maybe it just didnt have the speed to make me notice its bad handling!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i had an 06 plate vw golf, 2 litre diesel N/A with a whole...75bhp! and similar torque! which made my 1.2 feel fast!

good car though, solid, hit speed bumps at 40 and handled quite well!

thing is, the wheels spun better with T/C on rather than when i turned it off!!!

I had a 1.0 Micra for a few months once The old style one.
I quite liked it was quite good fun. I can see they'd be a decient cheap rallying car.