ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Graham's OCD ph2 DCi sport rep

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Have you not! It's like the plague, I can't get rid of it....I jest. Cheers though mate, people try it on sometimes. If only they knew.

Good question about the colour. It's meant to be gris boreal but it's a far lighter shade than standard so really I have no idea!
Power is standard bar the decat, intercooler and slight turbo actuator adjustment. I guess it might be 70 but I could be very optimistic :wink:
I love electrics. It's easily the most satisfying job on a car although I'd never done any before getting this shed so it's a bit of a project to say the least! No fire certificate that's for sure.
Lol the seats and wheels are worth more than the rest of the car, fail on my part

Yeah I've never seen that colour before lol. Looks very well though!

I can't believe you adjust boost with a screw and locknut lol.

I despise electrics. I like seeing what's going to kill me lol.

Meh, you can always swap them onto another clio or sell them. I had turinis on my old 1.4 and sold them for half of what I sold the car for lol

Many.
Moving closer to me would be good, sometimes lol.

Mine ran 75hp at SRR, with decat, intercooler and on standard boost pressure, so would like to think yours is that, poss 80.

Martin the decat doesn't change the noise at all IMO, my daily is decatted, doesn't sound any different.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Martin the decat doesn't change the noise at all IMO, my daily is decatted, doesn't sound any different.
cool, what about how it drives, spool up a bit quicker?, granted mines is an 03 on 150k, 11yrs older than our mk4, but I find the mk4 spools really quickly, id like a little more response under 2k, not that it needs it just something I think it would benefit from

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
@Martin_172 it does spool up a little quicker and I think there is marginally more torque. There is no difference in noise other than being able to hear spool up a little more in the car but the change in sound is so small you might not even notice.

Worthwhile mod definitely

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
The car is ready to go away now....almost. I just need to change the wheels and that's it.

Over the past week I've done three jobs on the car with one being slightly more exciting than the other two. Firstly I fitted the new turbo completely ignoring their fitting instructions which were clearly written to ensure they never had to pay out on warranty. My favorite part was "change the strainer on the oil pump".....no.
What a piece of art the turbo was though, such a wonderful piece of engineering.
AB741A5B-FE2C-4C39-9D0E-E17EC5910A97_zpsgdrxgr1a.jpg
E9099C28-43A7-442D-99C3-61559B91C64C_zpsnyrznpc8.jpg
1B77CB64-A265-40D9-9C33-B60741A2DBD0_zpsionqozqj.jpg

You could see the refurb turbo was leaking far less than the one it replaced even though it was still not balanced properly.
C25A856D-7FEA-4B53-8A8C-C506F75FDC37_zps7wiy14jw.jpg

There are plenty of boring photos in between but in short it took about two hours and I found a loose bolt on the exhaust. The source of my knocking noise.
New snail in.
65198A32-1A67-4361-AC6F-6FE7EE33C4E4_zpsb8cywprt.jpg

Next job was the best one. I did my clocks white and red ages ago but had never done the rest of the bits to go with it. Loads of SMDs and LEDs later it was done. Took flipping ages with 28 SMDs in the climate control unit. Looks cool though and the car feels more modern. I am thinking about changing the LEDs on the climate to red, the ones which indicate which function is pressed as it should look a little more OEM. I did the climate panel, window switches, radio, clock display and cruise control switch.

Part way through climate panel
1F979697-9A79-4AD3-991D-1862C4EEC3A9_zpseu2dfgx8.jpg

Few pics of it complete.
FB2132B7-091F-4A42-B3AB-74541906713A_zps5ahyrpr7.jpg
4CBF49F2-0AEA-4501-9FA7-723CF1397C7E_zps5ea6rwi2.jpg

Last but not least the AC is done so now ALL the functions on the car are working properly :D only £19 from groupon which consisted of an A/C clean, vac test, recharge and UV dye in the system, bargain! I was very surprised it worked as the A/C condensor is from a DCI 80, slightly bent and the pipe work is a bit of a mish mash to say the least. Time will tell if it holds pressure though although the vac test didn't indicate anything bad. As long as it lasts our holiday I'm happy.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
ah, found london turbos CHRA's to be weak tbh, might of just been me but the one i swapped into a a old turbo for a friend, complained it whistled abit to much after 2k miles, took it off and london turbos found thrust pad damage... could be look of the draw tho.
those toyosport ones aint bad ( jap made )

one thing id advise, throw that shitty little rub pipe away on the charge housing exit to boost lines, its prone to split. get a nice one off ebay :smile:
Win tho as you have a later spec KP35 ! slight difference in CHRA housing..

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
ah, found london turbos CHRA's to be weak tbh, might of just been me but the one i swapped into a a old turbo for a friend, complained it whistled abit to much after 2k miles, took it off and london turbos found thrust pad damage... could be look of the draw tho.
those toyosport ones aint bad ( jap made )

one thing id advise, throw that shitty little rub pipe away on the charge housing exit to boost lines, its prone to split. get a nice one off ebay :smile:
Win tho as you have a later spec KP35 ! slight difference in CHRA housing..
I should have explained better! the CHRA they supply is chinese but the rebuild turbos they do are a different CHRA which is why I got the whole unit. You can actually buy the decent CHRA from them separately although they don't list it on ebay. Odd I know but I triple checked before I bought.

Yeah toyosport I'm rating thanks to @AlexW

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Update time.
Claude made it, through seven countries, up mountain passes, round the nurburgring, 110 on the autobahn and 2400 miles........relatively unscathed although it was a serious hammering and has certainly bought out it's defects.

I'll put up a holiday thread in General Chat but to cut a long story short we travelled to Slovenia over two days, on the way there staying in Nuremburg and on the way back in Frankfurt. We had our first hint of trouble was on the first day what were were travelling through roadworks at 50mph in fifth, a/c on and going up a hill I put my pedal to the metal as the speedlimit ended and the dash stated flashing, typical when the fuel system can't cope with the demands. Next we had the same problems in the mountains; our chalet was at the top of a 5km 14% gradient hill with some hairpins requiring first gear and a heavy dose of revs to get up, the fan kicked in! I've never heard that on my car before so I knew it was working rather hard. Oil consumption was the next problem. The car went through a litre on the way and another litre on the way back and from what I can see it's coming out of the cylinder head breather and going into the low pressure side air intake. Finally the last problem we had was on the way home, the turbo actuator got stuck open so there was noooo boost :( a quick tinker with the spanners saw the boost back and no problems since. Sounds like a lot of problems but really they're rather minor bar the fuel system which just confirmed my fears over the last 10k.

I'm going to drive the car now until the fuel system going kaput and then I'll see what money I have and then maybe do something interesting :)

Anyway....piccies

DSC01492_zpsthfi4izx.jpg
DSC01535_zpsu9waohrd.jpg
DSC01587_zpsoncemkpw.jpg
DSC01593_zpsh5poleiu.jpg
DSC01750_zpso63kwrme.jpg

We went on a car train which is the most amazing thing ever. Certainly different to euro tunnel, you're loaded onto a freight carriage, driven by a huge smoking diesel going through tunnels with no lights at all and it was just brilliant.
DSC01947_zps7zedgizx.jpg
DSC01955_zpsqrn83pvq.jpg
DSC01966_zps1fldlu6d.jpg

DSC02077_zpsdmgh3iao.jpg
DSC02081_zpswmrxvqvx.jpg

Last but not least on the way back from Frankfurt we went via the ring and despite the problems we had had I couldn't resist but do a lap. Originally I thought the ring was closed for tourist driving and just was going to watch but I've reconfirmed my love for the place. No idea of the time but it was quiet so we got to enjoy the full width of the track with the car with all our luggage in and three people it was bloody fun. Once we were done we then headed straight to the eurotunnel and got there with no hitches.
DSC02258_zpsoa3fuhas.jpg
DSC02289_zpsa5uj2upk.jpg
DSC02270_zpsadelvtmm.jpg
5C6034E2-BAA8-4EDE-9068-562CB217E0FE_zpsz69zzlkj.jpg
CD94F5BC-E36C-4E2C-B6F9-EA0CF3BB16BC_zpsupqzbfiq.jpg
DBF4FD07-83A4-4863-8C93-E71E7F9DB28C_zpshm8k5ycz.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Quick update on the car.

I've now sold my Recaros and Turinis :'( to fund my move to London.

Car smoking really badly now every time I drive it but luckily I do 2 miles a week so it's not currently a problem. Think the piston rings have gone as oil is coming out the camcover breather and going into the inlet. Diesel pump has also gone as when booted on a hill the fuel pressure warning lights come on. As a means to an end I'm going to chuck a very low mileage complete engine, pump, injectors, new cambelt, water pump in this soon...aren't I @AlexW ;)

Going to be up for sale in 6 months when I finish uni, anyone going to be interested?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
The time has come, this is now for sale as I've got a new car.

£900, can be driven no problem, I'm still doing 1000 a month in it but needs attention to the fuel system. Does use some oil. Sometimes needs easy start to turn on when hot.

158k now I think, Mot until September :)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
So what a sad week it's been. The car wasn't getting any interest from the advert on ebay so I decided to break it for spares and took the plunge of stripping it on Monday.
12 hours later everything was off and Claude was destined for the scrappies. This morning we got the shell on a trailer after lots of swearing.

I've done 52k in this car, spend far too much money on it but thoroughly enjoyed all those miles and trips all over the place. For anyone reading wondering if they should rep their car I'd say do it! I've learnt an absolute shed load swapping all the parts over, playing with the turbo and changing all the wiring and I'd do it all again. The car was perfect for my needs, went round corners brilliantly and cost barely anything to run. The fuel pump failure and engine burning oil meant it just wasn't economical to repair. It's drunk 20 litres of oil in the last 5k.
I've now moved on to a temporary 182 before getting something a little more grown up and German in a few months time. Last piccies of Claude!

View attachment 8E3E2D36-8103-49D9-8EA0-66DFBD854DEC_zpslto6lqkf.jpgView attachment 64ECC0C1-AA62-4938-AE6B-7CF6FFD10AF1_zps7ddbgnud.jpgView attachment 14C14B16-0EB4-48F7-95FD-36850D51E22C_zpsccqyvvdo.jpgView attachment 1F9E8760-33F1-48AE-B1FB-A1F2F508230D_zpsvwvfirwt.jpgView attachment C775AF90-06FF-4451-8A86-075D2A66528A_zpsuozquzoh.jpgView attachment 3D7369A3-3C7F-4F85-9285-444CDF0651F9_zps2z2hhnnr.jpgView attachment B2721EBD-5598-4D92-BA5F-C1E6BA3D658D_zpsnw14jdgj.jpg

and before you ask......I didn't let it go with F1's on, they live on with the 182.

G

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120
this thread is so brilliant and amazing yet sad at the same time. im trying to understand how to retrofit climate but i dont understand :'( iv fitted dash loom, heater matrix and heater box , lights up but doesnt blow! help! :(