ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Graham's OCD ph2 DCi sport rep

Many.
Not been properly on here in a few days, and have been avoiding your thread due to being jealous. Damn you.

I do indeed have an arch roller, I would have suggested using it before you had it painted!

We'll have to sort out meeting up sometime soon, You at Trax?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Not been properly on here in a few days, and have been avoiding your thread due to being jealous. Damn you.

I do indeed have an arch roller, I would have suggested using it before you had it painted!

We'll have to sort out meeting up sometime soon, You at Trax?

Ha. It's okay, I'll let you tear it apart in the flesh if you want. Get your bodge watch out.

Unfortunately it slipped my mind. I'm not matey no, taken on a few too many jobs, currently have 3 some how?

Back needs some serious spacing as it's lost at the moment. You've got 15mm rear hub spacers haven't you? did it rub without rolling because I'll do it this weekend if it doesn't :D

Many.
I have 10mm with 1 degree Neg camber, and I still get rubbing, with 195/45 tyres, assuming its the same height as mine.

I had 2degree camber before, had no rubbing.

Will have to find some time!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I have 10mm with 1 degree Neg camber, and I still get rubbing, with 195/45 tyres, assuming its the same height as mine.

I had 2degree camber before, had no rubbing.

Will have to find some time!

I'm screwed then! I've got 205/45. Will put the 195/50/15s on and see if that gives more clearance.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just an FYI Graham, I'm running 15mm rear spacers on 182 hubs (so the widest ones) with 195 tyres. I've "rolled" my arches (read: battered with a hammer to get then out the way). I only really get rubbing if I have 2 people in the back, so I just try and not take passengers lol.

I'd have thought 10mm with some camber would've been fine. Does yours rub a lot AlexW ?

Many.
Just an FYI Graham, I'm running 15mm rear spacers on 182 hubs (so the widest ones) with 195 tyres. I've "rolled" my arches (read: battered with a hammer to get then out the way). I only really get rubbing if I have 2 people in the back, so I just try and not take passengers lol.

I'd have thought 10mm with some camber would've been fine. Does yours rub a lot @AlexW ?

Is yours as low as mine? TBH Graham may get away with it, with his 4X4 height!

I too have 182 hubs too (from Grahams old car!), Mine rubs on the bumper now, I have arch liners fitted too.

Pretty sure it rubs near constantly with two passengers/fattys, but not taken many people recently.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I too have 182 hubs too (from Grahams old car!), Mine rubs on the bumper now, I have arch liners fitted too.

Pretty sure it rubs near constantly with two passengers/fattys, but not taken many people recently.

Not sure what yours is on, I'm on sportlines though. Never even considered the difference in height there lol!

I've got the proper arch liners for the 172 bumper too, mine just rubs on the arch lips though, but only over harsh bumps.

I have the same issue with passengers. Can't remember the last time I took people in the back of the car, I just refuse now!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Love what you've done with this mate, well done!

I like greenlaning okay! Pro kit isn't that high. Über comfy though. On my 182 I had no scrub issues with 15mm spacers et43 wheels and 195/45 tyres, even fully loaded I only scrubbed when the car was fully loaded and hit a huge dip in the road. The arches are folded right up on a sport though

Not sure what yours is on, I'm on sportlines though. Never even considered the difference in height there lol!

I've got the proper arch liners for the 172 bumper too, mine just rubs on the arch lips though, but only over harsh bumps.

I have the same issue with passengers. Can't remember the last time I took people in the back of the car, I just refuse now!

wont be doing this before 3 of us hit Europe then!

Monaco 172
Brilliant thread, love the 197 wheel and those seats really do finish of the interior. Been wanting a pair at a decent but their like rocking horse.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Brilliant thread, love the 197 wheel and those seats really do finish of the interior. Been wanting a pair at a decent but their like rocking horse.

Cheers bud. No room in the back for legs now!

Weekend update.

Finally got the airbag light off with the help of AlexW and an early morning remote diagnostic session. Good news it passed the MOT shortly after with no advisories which is perfect.

The Van is now working well. Although it needs a new ignition relay to turn the immobiliser off as it's been playing up a bit. Especially today when I tried to show chris_pett and it just said no. Good to meet you finally buddy. I talk lots so say sorry to your non-car liking passenger!!!

Swapped the wheels over to the oz f1's from the ph1 I just broke. The paint finish is in terrible condition because of the age but they still look good once cleaned and should give a nicer ride. Plus the additional 5mm offset looks much better.

9E31A422-3546-4AB9-850C-3AE9726E8831_zpsyz81fqwp.jpg
B0B78AE7-0323-411A-A10B-05041D2F6ECD_zps0kjx8kvu.jpg

Renault Clio DCi 65
Was good to finally put a face to the name buddy, shame about the van going all shy and not starting hopefully it's an easy fix to get it started. Its alright she'll come round eventually to liking cars lol, she's finally hangover-less now too.
Was good to see the man cave of clio bits and also your clio, tempted by a 197 wheel now oops.
OZ's need to be gunmetal and stop being a poof and get it lowered more ;) or get some turinis.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Was good to finally put a face to the name buddy, shame about the van going all shy and not starting hopefully it's an easy fix to get it started. Its alright she'll come round eventually to liking cars lol, she's finally hangover-less now too.
Was good to see the man cave of clio bits and also your clio, tempted by a 197 wheel now oops.
OZ's need to be gunmetal and stop being a poof and get it lowered more ;) or get some turinis.

Ahh the Van's fine now. Just needs the leaky driveshaft repaired properly.

General clio update.

Lauren's DCI passed the MOT after a couple of bit. I ended up changing the ABS ring in the pitch black and was shaking I was so tired, not an experience to be repeated any time soon!

I've had an idea which is either terrible or brilliant. It should be time to sell the Red DCI shortly and I've had an Idea. If I bought a 172 cup with a snapped belt or screwed up gearbox and just swapped the running gear over. This would be a really easy rep and if I changed the VIN number on the v5 it would technically just be a reshelling of the car. Thoughts on that?

Last but not least I took the Clio to Belgium yesterday and noticed a couple of problems. The whole car felt stupidly vague on the motorway, something I've never felt before but I had to keep adjusting the steering. Need to sort that ASAP. It's also time for an oil change as I had to spend 17 EUR on a top up :/ and the wheel bearing on the o/s is a little too noisy for my liking now.

Good points though. I got to almost replicate the avatar photo I have but with current Clio so I'll update that soon.

64A20887-6C58-46E0-9D70-E686E6DC7FC5_zpsvuwizenv.jpg

On the way back we also got a whole coach sized euro tunnel for our selves. Not bad considering the ET was complimentary after our last years 12 hour delays :)

EB32859E-64BA-44CE-815E-3F308F090C9A_zpsmtleuprw.jpg
03AE54FE-0795-4B26-8067-6BBAF72A8F2E_zps2ybn4fwf.jpg
80A3CF98-625A-4F7B-B364-C6C89ACBFFB5_zpsvymzxbyf.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
This is possibly as bad as updates get but anyway.
The car has been really abused over the past few months and developed a load of problems that need fixing. Now I'm super busy I don't really enjoy working on the car and see it more of a workhorse unfortunately but I'm keen to get it back to the point I can enjoy it and not hate every rattle or noise it makes!!. It's very close to hitting 140k so needs a service soon. Ordered some Millers Nanodrive from JJC which should see the internals way into the future.

Climate control is still playing up on auto. Need to wire in the diagnostic line to the CAN system.
Air conditioning doesn't work (have a dci 80 rad set up to fit this weekend) I need the rad that goes in the heater box if anyone has one from doing AC delete.
Tracking has gone out for some reason. This might be due to the 197 wheel fitting like a piece of rubbish.
Cruise control squib needs replacing and the replacement is also faulty!
Turbo is eating up oil
Undertray still isn't fitted
Car hasn't been cleaned since it was painted in the summer so it should probably get some protection.
Arches need rolling so I can fit the rear spacers
N3 uch set up still not installed for rain sensor
Still don't have washer blanks
Clutch still is making a bit of a squeak when use lots in traffic.
Seem to be getting condensation in from around the rear right light.

Some recent changes I've made to the car.
Fitted a connects2 USB/SD/aux thing which is quite good although the file system you have to use is terrible.
Now have dual boot lights which is much better
Finally got a proper climate resistor as I've been without a fan all summer!
Programmed out the airbag lights

Anyway here's one photo!
D5B19ED2-07FA-4EF6-8D1F-98C056F56AB5_zpswrcg42im.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Little update
I mended the cruise control with a new squib which has much improved my life.
The connect2 device broke and only plays tweeter tones
Bluetooth is broken too
Brakes on the front are off balance which I have no idea how to remedy.

759C11C8-EA2C-4324-A7F0-F44710E3680F_zpszrpiyixy.jpg

I tried the 80 ecu set up on the car which was good but got horrendous MPG due to the injectors and turbo actuator not being swapped over.

Really would like some help on the update list pin out as the climate control still doesn't have an external temperature reading. Having tried to work out the pin out I still can't find which one is supplying the temp reading. HELLPPPPP

Other than that I've got a few bits to put on the car from 80, mainly stuff to sort out problems like the AC.

Only exciting update is me swapping the prokit springs for sport lines which makes the front sit 15mm lower.

E3CA5CC2-927C-4B60-8094-2FB949E8E0F3_zpsjl5w8ezb.jpg
B78580FC-829A-427E-BB3B-91B963DFECA2_zpsq3gxpln5.jpg

And that's it, quick update over!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Sitting nicely on the sportlines! Are both your calipers completely free? Only thing I can think of causing uneven braking force would be the caliper sticking slightly.

What you after for the pin outs as well? I can get wiring diagrams so might have what you're after.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Sitting nicely on the sportlines! Are both your calipers completely free? Only thing I can think of causing uneven braking force would be the caliper sticking slightly.

What you after for the pin outs as well? I can get wiring diagrams so might have what you're after.

Cheers buddy. It does look a little better. Will have to get it scrubbed at somepoint to see the final results!
Both calipers were rebuilt in april. Sliders are totally free. Pistons seem to be free and I exercised them in and out a few times with no issues. Think I will rebuild them with new pistons and seals again and then go from there. It's pretty dangerous at the mo. Keep nearly ending up in the hedge!

I've had a look on the wiring diagrams disc but I don't seem to be able to find the right diagram for update list radios.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Is your radio a update list or a Tuner list though?

Update list. Was originally tuner list but changed over a while ago complete with all the wiring, stalk controls, display etc.

edit: I did it because originally I thought I had to use a different display for the climate control to work. I didn't realise the tuner list clock had a temp output also.

M2 Comp
Very impressed @GrahamS - just read your thread from the beginning! How have you find the overall reliability of the car?

Sell it to me? :hearteyes:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Very impressed @GrahamS - just read your thread from the beginning! How have you find the overall reliability of the car?

Sell it to me? :hearteyes:
Ha thanks mate. It's very very reliable considering it's driven flat out up and down the motorwary 5 days a week. Only broken down once in the last 35k and that's because I put the engine cover on wonky which rubbed a hole in the fuel line. Change the oil loads and run 2 stoke in the system and it never misses a beat. Still going strong at 140k. I try my best to keep on top of everything! My girlfriend has first dibs when I get rid in the summer next year ha, keep it in the family!

Small update as well.
Car got it's first wax since being painted and I even found some time to put black stuff on the trim.
AC is now back up as a full system so no AC pipe ratting on the EGR pipe anymore, YIPPEE. New caliper on it's way to replace the faulty one, haven't got time to rebuild my current one unfortunately.

As a note ALL the DCI 80 A/C pipes are different to the 65.

Turinis on the way for the spring time. Will have to do a couple of extra days to refurb in anthracite though as they are from a CUP so silver currently. This week has seen it tick over 140k. Have some black death (think it's called) around one of the injectors so new seals are on the way.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Are you dating your sister? lol

What sort of MPG are you getting from this btw? I'm on the hunt for one as a daily. Car looks lovely.
It think I wrote down my thoughts wrong!

Easily get the quoted 65 but at the moment it's 57 as I've left late every day this week and am desperate to get home at the end of the day. Never seen it worse than that figure.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Rubbish update.
Braking problem fixed, the outer ARB bracket had snapped off leaving this stub of what it once was.

5AE698AE-156A-4D74-975C-E3D38ACD96B4_zpsltnyetm5.jpg

Fitted braided front lines which now means it's braided brakes all round.
Other than that all is the same :smile: still clocking up the miles nicely.

Will be going to the Surrey rolling road day if anyone else is going to be there.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Car is getting pretty filthy now because of the salty roads but I'm still on a high from the arb fix. Decided to finally get my Turinis refurbished for summer after they'd sat in the garage for ages waiting for me to attempt to paint them. Time efficiency won in the end so I dropped them at at Spit and Polish the other day as it's only down the road.

No results yet but they'll be done by the weekend hopefully. I've gone for the granite they use on 16 spoke AMG alloys as I didn't want them too dark.
31EA1139-1E28-490B-A87F-4FC3507FB8DA_zps45bb8mpo.jpg

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
Cheers matey. I've done my best. Have you got any photos of yours?

Wheels are done, getting them picked up tomorrow hopefully.

No problem there is a few of mine on here some where ,but I haven't got any recent ones,now got a sport grill ,silver bullets and a cup splitter which i need to fit .
14E4159B-1E48-49B0-B1E4-03762B21FA4F_zpshbbpn7pv.jpg

Bet you can't wait to get your wheels back would love a set of turinis for mine :smiley:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
@rsdan that looks lovely mate. I'd have a Monaco rep if I could.

Couple of jobs on the car today

One of the injectors was leaking so I replaced the copper washer. Had been leaking for quite some time as you can see. I also tried to adjust the turbo actuator but one of the nuts was stuck so I wasn't able to unfortunately. Egr valve swapped for a spare as my current was jamming up.

312BA961-F3F7-4D69-B5A4-201C140FFE22_zpsgrdix5fn.jpg
FA9DFEBB-2433-459F-A3FB-9C422496D9D0_zps0b4dc3ke.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Got the alloys back and am very pleased with how they turned out. Will put them on when the weather gets a little better.
Replacing the injector seal has made the car run quite a bit better which is good and the egr valve cured the intermittent no boost problem.
Ordered a Tim superdash boost guage so I can monitor the changes I plan to make to the turbo actuator rod length. Unsure whether to mount it permanently yet or not.

A3E35933-046B-4DE7-AD12-1AB1777F3470_zpsytbukrqi.jpg
9C143B16-0A2D-4F01-807D-3279069AE199_zpsvi8igoh1.jpg

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
dont go mad on adjusting the wastegate on te turbo. those poxy kp35's dont like being tweaked to far without uprated thrust pads.