ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked Windscreen...

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Went out today and spent £42 on Scratch X, Aotoglym Super resin, AG extra gloss and some sexy material for an afternoon of unadulterated sparkling of my 172 and discovered, to my horror, I have a 7in crack in the top pf my windscreen running right through my sensors. Cant see it from inside the car and from the outside its tough but its there!

Whats the best way to get this sorted?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
See if your insurance covers windscreens you may have to pay a small excess and i dont think you lose any new claims

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Hope not.... I called the RAC and they will call me back in the morning. If its small enough will they 'fix' it rather than refit it?

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Fixing costs nowt. Replacement will be an excess of anything up to 75 quid but does not hurt your NCD.

I had a chip from doing near a ton on the M1 with a stone coming of a lorry. Left it too long to get fixed and although they did a repair, muck had got in by then so you can still see crack/chip. If it was done sooner it would not be visible.

C

Cupster

Got the same on mine the other day. Might try and get it replaced with the heat deflecting one?

vx220
From what i have read before they also have to replace some sort of gel pack which is used to house the sensors at the top of the screen etc! So make sure you ask them to include that if they come to replace it!