ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Craig's BG 182 | Saved From The Scrappy

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Long time since I've used forums, used to be a regular poster back in the day when I had my ph1s. Anyway, story of this particular car is this.

I've broken a couple of clioswith mates in the past, and about 4-5 years ago a lady in work said to me my daughter drives one of those cars you have. So simply said if she needs any bits for it let me know or if she ever wants to get rid of it.

Fast forward to end of 2020 I get a phone call asking if still broke them for parts. Which I didn't, as no time, new commitments and no space to break one anymore. Asked her what happened and the cambelt has snapped.

I went and looked at it and asked what she would like for it. She said if you don't have it I will ring the scrap man to come and take it. I'm not going to disclose the figure but I bit her hand off, and 2 days later it was on my drive.

It's a 2 owner 54 plate with 126k on. Belive it to be a FF? It's got cup spoiler. Completely standard. I've never owned a Clio sport as original as this, seems like nothing as ever been off the car. It even has a brand new genuine bootnet, and full genuine mat set with the rear one piece mat.

So my goal is to source an engine and get it back up and running onto the road. My past clios have all been stripped out, more occasional track day cars. So with this, as I'm old now will be to get it back up and running and keep it standard as possible. Well if I can anyway. Would like simple mods like cooksports and cup shocks, maybe 15s and an exhaust system.

Quick photo of it being picked it to get started. I've done a fair bit of stripping allready but this 1st post will do for now.
ee746926ce8a3c6c75e50b38afdb3c28.jpg

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
C'mon, tell what you paid for it. If she was going to scrap it itv was definitely very very good for your wallet!
No price won't be disclosed. But yes definitely good for my wallet haha

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Paid in personal services then😉😂.
Is there any history of the belts being changed in its life before the failure? If that was the original belt it had done well!

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Paid in personal services then[emoji6][emoji23].
Is there any history of the belts being changed in its life before the failure? If that was the original belt it had done well!
Had very minimal history with the car, some receipts for oil and filter changes. Owner misplaced a lot of it.

Belt condition looked ok to me. Owner had it a good amount of time and never changed the belt, so unless the first owner did.

Photo is a screen shot from a video showing the loose belt. But belt not perished or nothing.
ae40a3b18a9dffbc6a86145e5d6a8711.jpg

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Shame there's no paperwork with it but still better to save it from the scrappy than let it be stripped.
It will have a good bit of history now from my ownership.

Need to source an engine now to start to build up to swap them over.

Yeah wanted to save it being an original low owner car.

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
So first port of call with it was giving the interior a massive clean. Interior was minging, and full of dog hair, so very through vacuum was done. Quite a few grubby sticky plastics on the dash and door handles so be on the list to replace or try and clean up.

Next on the list was as someone has allready mentioned and was the Cat. Yes it got removed and sold to put some money in the fund for the new engine.

Parts list has been written on everything needed.

8133f25ac7a18f3f558d980362d85e7c.jpg
e0f0811628b3609bb9bebdf90af0bc71.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Good to see another saved tbh, mental how the prices seem to have hiked on Clio's. Leaving cats on these is just asking to have it jacked up though

Mines got a decat and I'm still wary of leaving it parked up anywhere

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Good to see another saved tbh, mental how the prices seem to have hiked on Clio's. Leaving cats on these is just asking to have it jacked up though

Mines got a decat and I'm still wary of leaving it parked up anywhere
Yeah, I've broken a few in the past but with prices seem to be increasing on them I didn't have to the heart to break this one for parts, and plus, it will put me back into one at a reduced cost. I have missed having one.

Yes I have purchased a few bits allready, including a scorpion decat as belive it fits a standard system, a powerflex dogbone, powerflex exhaust mounts, 2 sets of wheels, a standard 15" set to keep the car rolling so will be able to get the 182 wheels off the car to refurb. And also another bargain which I could not believe is a set of genuine Oz F1's, with 3 unbroken centre caps!
55d1e2d71f663656f4520a437be000a7.jpg

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Few parts accumulated.
Oz F1's (another bargain)
Powerflex black series exhaust bushes, as the ones on there ATM are non existent
Scorpion decat pipe
Powerflex dogbone
1f6a0b1adf16b77479084288cd47ab2e.jpg
499ea06dfb5b62e346524482300a00be.jpg
dfe388ed420cd52e3079c5df6b8e5d05.jpg
5e7a4391ef655394337fb9ab136e4a10.jpg

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Long overdue update on this. Other commitments taking over, so it's been sat a while.

Sourced and purchased an engine last week, was localish to me so collected it. Belts and dephaser done on it with proof so it will be going straight in once other dead engine is out. This will be going up for sale if anyone wants a snapped belt engine.

Fingers crossed to get it in and running for the summer.

Not swapped an engine myself but have found a pretty good guide on here that me and a few mates will follow.