ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crap service again! and Warranty Info

Today i have found out that my warranty ran out a week ago on my car. I knew it was close but as i brought the car as an ex demonstrator and got no warranty paper work i did not know the exact date. I phoned up my local garage to be told it has already expired and now im driving round with no insurance as its viod due to lack of M.O.T.

I phoned up Ren cust services (that name is a joke in its own right!) they informed me that they dont send out letters, its my responsibilty! I mentioned the fact that i did not get any paper work stating when it expired when i brought the car. I didnt even get an owners manual for f**k sake. I was then informed that its the garages responsibilty where i got the car to supply the paper work. This was the first time i had brougt a newish car how was i supposed to know at the time what documents i should of had?

Now that my warranty has expired i cannot maintain the original manufactures warranty that would have cost £395 per year. Instead im left with Reanults other warranty choices. These are:

1) Harmony scheme

Covers all mechanical parts on the car. £450 year

2) Advanced Scheme

Covers all mechanical parts except airbags, aircon and other sucj things as those (whatever that means) £310

3) Normal

Covers most main mechanical parts such as engine, gear box £210

So basically due to again poor customer services im left with a decision. Which warranty option should i go for? right now im thinking none and take a chance, dont want to give them anymore of my hard earned money! Rant over, thanks for reading.

dont get any of the warrantys there not worth it and they will refuse to pay out for the silliest of reasons .

i.e lowered suspension , different exhaust they will void the warranty on anyparts going wrong .

Volvo S60 T5

Quote: Originally posted by andyb on 30 September 2004

dont get any of the warrantys there not worth it and they will refuse to pay out for the silliest of reasons .

i.e lowered suspension , different exhaust they will void the warranty on anyparts going wrong .
Agreed Andy, but can also be dependant on dealer, some will be ok and some wont with mods.

Meg on pistonheads £6995

^^ ditto

warrenties are only insurance schemes

there are so many exclusions that they are almost worthless

set up a standing order for £50 a month into an ISA (tax free instant access), then theres EMERGENCY money when you need it!

Thats actually not a bad idea black kro. The thing im worried about is if the engine goes, im on my second already. If it goes there is no way i could afford to pay for a new one to be fitted.