ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaking and more creaking

Clio 1.4 16V
Ok i have 1.4 16V Expression and over uneven ground and bumps there is horrendous creaking in the car, when i open the window it also sounds like outside the car, it is annoying more than anything so any help would be aprreciated.

Also when i go over bumps there is what sounds like a clicking or buzzing type sound (cant think what it exactly is) this is coming from the passenger side, can here it SLIGHTLY louder when i open glove box.

Cheers

Matt

Could be ARB bushes, drop links or wishbone bushes or even top mounts.

Worth checking these out see how the rubber looks on them.

How about turning the steering lock to lock, any noise then?

Clio 1.4 16V
Thanks for the reply now, lock to lock there is a creaking sound but is more of a scraping creak whereas the suspension is a squeaky creak. It does sound like the drivers seat or the dash but like I say when I open the window can hear it aswel

I have also just notice the brakes squeak even when I slighy press them.

All these problems are on the drivers side. Passenger seems fine

Matt

Clio 1.4 16V
Thanks for the replies, going to be changing both tomorrow, any advice, will be following guysys guide for the Bushes but any other advice for the ball joints.

Matt

Clio 1.4 16V
Right managed to change the ARB Bushes, wasnt that bad of a job but didnt get round to doing the Ball Joints, the squeaky seems to have been sorted but time will tell.

No i have noticed an oil leak but cant quite see where its coming from i took pics of under the car, dunno if anything can be made out from them but here goes.

This first pic is EXACTLY where the oil was on the floor
1003472l.jpg
100_3472.jpg100_3473.jpg100_3474.jpg

I also noticed the Passenger side CV Joint? was loose when the wheel was pointed inwards, how is this fixed and would this cause the 'Ticking' noise i am experiancing.

100_3470.jpg100_3471.jpg

Clio 1.4 16V
ok been told by a garage it is a leak from near the thermostat housing and will be £121 for the part from renault and labour, does this sound correct?

Matt