ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaky suspension on 182 FF Cup pack

Car  Lotus Elise S2 111S
Hello!

Just a quickie, during normal driving, the beast is fine apart from the usual interior rattles and occasional buzz from exhaust.

But when I say, reverse on full right lock, off a drive or over a bump, the offside suspension creaks and groans.

Is this normal?? Worries me something isn;t bolted properly!
 
I had exactly same problem on my 52 plate 172 with 27k on it so went to dealer re this. They said it was a common fault which they could rectify by taking off front suspension top mounts and grinding some metal away. Apparently I was told that it was so common that Renault sent them a template to do this, and was caused by the mounts becoming dry. I thought this was very drastic so simply bought a tin of white grease in an aerosol and sprayed it around rubber front top mounts, trying to get it between metal and rubber. This stopped it instantly.
 
Back
Top