ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

credit crunch on car insurance is killing me...

Renault Clio 1.2
Ok i had just passed last year, last january and car insurance is always going to kick you in the balls for your first year, it came to £2300 the cheapest but my pass plus brought it down by £500. Now i have 1 year no claims on the 1.2 the cheapest I've got is £1305 fully comprehensive, i was expecting below 1k!
For a 1.2 that gets you from A to B very slowly they obviously don't like me. Oh well, going to get this next year out the way and get something quick where it will be worth paying stupid money. 2 years no claims on a 197, polo gti or corsa VXR?? havnt decided yet.
Cheers guys

AK

M240i
Try adding older family members as named drivers - seems to lower the price a bitty :approve:

Renault Clio 1.2
My dad's on a policy where he can drive any car so didnt put him on, but im going to try again i think soon, doesnt need doing til the 31st. I put my mom on there and it still comes to that, just mad how its still madly high for the second year. o well.

378bhp Leon Cupra R
apprentice in my work bought this the other day he,s 18 1year no claims with Bell insurance £1650

CORSA VXR ARTIC

NewImage.jpg

Renault Clio 1.2
apprentice in my work bought this the other day he,s 18 1year no claims with Bell insurance £1650

CORSA VXR ARTIC

NewImage.jpg

ye mate i originally didnt like the Corsa VXR but saw your thread with that picture the other day and it does look the b****cks. Just try and get this next year out of the way and hopefully invest something nice like that. I'm saving hard anyway, have £5000 towards the next car (minus this years car insurance, so about 4k) and keep saving to get something smart.

Renault Clio 1.2
Mines lower than that passed for a year no no claims only 18 on a 1.2?

yeye 18 on a 1.2, who you isnured with.

*Bearing in mind guys that qoute is from Money supermarket.com i take it its ALOT better to do it through phone to each insurance company??

AK

M240i
Mines lower than that passed for a year no no claims only 18 on a 1.2?

Just depends who you go with tbh. Need to shop around..

I dont use the comparison websites as they always give stupidilly (sp?) high quotes - easier to go straight to the company; takes a bit more time tho.

RB 182 Cup
all those sites are crap, all based on commission. Try elephant, tescos and norwich union or whatever they like to call them selfs these days. They like young drivers

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Try some proper insurers, such as Admiral or bell.

Do it online, throw your mum and dad on the policy it will be cheaper than any of those price comp sites.

BG 182 FF
I found when i had 1 year ncb more than was the cheapest an i was 18 i paid 900 quid which was 300 quid less than anywhere else i looked

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Comparison websites generally throw up big quotes . Go direct to the insurance company .

Try Norwich union , Adrian Flux , Privlege , Ashbourne , Thames city ...... to name a few .

Don't expect any cheap quotes though . Your lack of driving experience will always push it up . Even after 2 years i wouldn't expect it cheap enough to insure some of the cars you mentioned , unless you want your ass raping .

AK

M240i
yeye 18 on a 1.2, who you isnured with.

*Bearing in mind guys that qoute is from Money supermarket.com i take it its ALOT better to do it through phone to each insurance company??

or go on the websites :approve:

Try CIS. they gave me quite a good quote.

A3 Tdi
if NCB is really important to you then why dont you insure it tpft because you wont be wanting to make a claim anyways?

Dynamique Flamer
Omg what are you putting on there??? Mine was way less and we are the same age and insuring the same engine car?

Renault Clio 1.2
been driving a year, its kept in the garage, which it is. its got an engine immoboliser, both parents as second drivers. credit crunch or wat!

Dynamique Flamer
Have you put that you have had a previous quote?? Put something low in there! Plus how many miles have you put down you will be doing?

tiTTy & SV650
confused.com has always given me a better quote than my renewal and I've always used it to get Elephant to match or better the best price.

Elephant, Admiral and Bell Direct are generally best for me, all the same company too.

Norwich Union are meant to be pretty good for young drivers too.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
elephant quoted me 700,

im 20, 2years driving, 1ncb
2 claims, 3 points,
and all mods declared,
i found that very reasonable tbh

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
been driving a year, its kept in the garage, which it is. its got an engine immoboliser, both parents as second drivers. credit crunch or wat!

that increases the premium with admiral/bell/elephant. cheaper to keep it on the street for some reason.

Arctic 182FF
Omg what are you putting on there??? Mine was way less and we are the same age and insuring the same engine car?

i'd imagine the big difference here is that with a name like kerryclio you're a girl and with a name like dave_tricky hes a boy. blokes, especially young blokes always get screwed over by insurance companies. remember getting an online quote a while back and putting female by mistake, quote was almost half :eek:

could also be living in a 'dodgy' postcode

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
that increases the premium with admiral/bell/elephant. cheaper to keep it on the street for some reason.

Yeh i thought that was wierd aswell. although id imagine they get alot of ppl damaging their car in their own garage :D