ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise Control got stuck on!

Listerine & Poledo
Do the brakes not work when cc is on?
Yeah but if you press the clutch then the car physically can't speed up cause it's not in gear

These

I've never had CC do this, I've had it get lazy and not want to get to or sit at a speed, but this is a different matter.

Either way, you said you paniced and didn't think to go for brakes or clutch, I can appreciate how the situatiuon would panic you but I thought an impulse reaction would be to bulkhead the middle pedal as hard as you can?

I

Clio 182 arctic
As above. you would instinctively brake whether you're 2car lengths from hitting a stationary vehicle at 70mph. i know if i pressed the brake pedal to disengage CC and it didnt work, it would be getting pressed twice as hard within half a second of me realising it didnt.

Da

Less
Regarding the brake light thing...if the brakelights aren't functioning then CC will not activate in the first place. The ECU monitors the resistance of the brake light circuit and if any fault is detected then CC is deactivated.

If your brake pedal went to the floor the second time you pressed it then it would suggest brake failure, along with CC failure... :S

Clio Sport 182
I tried the button on the steering wheel, it didn't turn off. I tried the brakes, it didn't turn off. I pressed the brakes harder, the engine gave more torque. The brakes faded and I hit the lorry. This all happened pretty quickly and when the brakes failed it was hard to think straight, when your stuck at 70 with no brakes and a lorry rapidly approaching, rational thinking goes out the window. With hindsight I know exactly what I should have done to avoid a collision, but the collision happened and there is a fault with the car that caused it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If I'm driving along at 70, in 5th, then apply full throttle at same time as full braking i know my brakes would win the fight.