ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crumbling CL RC6 brake pads

Ph1 & Ph2 172, RS225
Hi!

A couple of months ago I fitted Carbone Lorraine RC6 pads to my 172 (standard discs). After 2000kms and 2 light track days I took the pads out to inspect them... this is how they look.

0cac026e2ffa02899378381efd199ba2.jpg

Does this look right? I contacted the supplier, who have advised me they're fine. I just put in some new discs, but the old ones did have a raised ridge, presumably where the gouge in the pads lined up.

Weird question, but could I get the PADS machined flat again?

Cheers,

James

Renault Clio 172
Really common with them pal, they should be ok aslong as they dont come away from the back plate.. I was at brno last month with my mate riding a gsxr 1000 and he had cl carbon sintered pads in the bike and one of the friction blocks actually came away from the back plate, he wont be buying them again and i dont think i will do for the car either