ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crumbing Ferodo DS1.11 pads

Just dropping car off to have them fitted, do I need to bed in straight away?
Yeah mate if possible, not in the rain though. Just 5-10 high speed stops in a short time building up the pedal pressure each time with the last one around 80% of full pressure without getting the ABS kicking in. Then leave to fully cool preferably overnight, they will have had a full heat cycle then with decent deposit transfer to the discs.

If the following day they still feel a bit wooden rinse and repeat braking even harder.

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
Regretting buying these now, I will be using the car to get to and from track, Seeing the Race use only on them is making me worry haha

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
Thanks for the confidence mate! They are too busy to fit so will be next week now, So can plan my bedding in process haha, Thanks for all the help guys

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
You're wearing out £200 pads when £14 ones will do just as well but quieter.

If you can't change your own brakes try to learn, it's properly easy and will save you decent cash.

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
Ok, So bed the DS1.11 in then take off and use just for track? Cant be that hard

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Yeah bosh normal pads back in for road use, use the good uns for track. Ten min job

Ferodo reckon the pad crumbling is normal on the DS1:11 and does not affect braking, so unless severe just send it

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Really you need matched pads AND discs. You can contaminate the pads by changing compound and going through another breaking in session so its not really a simple swap pads job. Basically for a car driven to track its not really worth doing as you wont have that much wear.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Regretting buying these now, I will be using the car to get to and from track, Seeing the Race use only on them is making me worry haha

The pads are not R90 compliant so cannot be sold as road pads. They basically have too high friction level.
Try them and then if they dont work for you you have something tangeble to regret lol but also something you can change through understanding of how you are using the car and how the pads seem to wear

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
What pads would you recommend then?

use what you have. I would say once you've gone through a bedding in period. Allow the brakes to cool and go through a second heat cycle to make doubly sure you have done it right.

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
Ok, Ill bed the pads in and see how we get on, Car is kept outside so was worried of moisture getting to pads

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Really you need matched pads AND discs. You can contaminate the pads by changing compound and going through another breaking in session so its not really a simple swap pads job. Basically for a car driven to track its not really worth doing as you wont have that much wear.

Tbf that's what I do/did but thought it was just cos I'm a sado and cos I could!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
You'll be fine @MattRS182 worry not, I run them myself and supply lots of DS1.11 to lots of front running race cars, and plenty to track car owners (various models)