ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CryEngine3 - New Tech

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think it's a repost...

It's not often I get excited about 3D graphics technology these days but I am loving some of the stuff they've implemented in the new CryEngine3 (making extensive use of DirectX11 for high-end PC platforms).

Tidy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see that that are seemingly still taking the PC version very SRS rather than just being essentially a console port. Looks like I may need to blow two large on an upgrade afterall.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Looking very good!
Week today Crysis 2 gets released, looking forward to it very much! (Preordered.. :cool:)

Not sure that a huge upgrade will be needed!
I think they have worked on optimising the engine more so than the previous versions so its not such a resource hog!

Will still take a fair system to run at full wack though ;) (probably)

I never really bought the lack of optimising thing. I never took it too serial anyway.

Crysis 2 is set in potentially a far less demanding environment. The draw distance will be FAR less, and I feel this will be the biggest difference in performance.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
My GTX 470 is grumbling a little under the Crisis 2 demo, lucky I built a PC with enough wattage and a slot for another!

Im only running a single GTX 470 here.. Allbeit I am looking to slot another in.
Overvolted to 1.087v and overclocked to 825MHz core I think, cant remember off the top of my head as im sat at work.
But it seems absolutely fine in the demo! No sign of slowing down..

QX9650 and GTX295 here, but it's far from a top-end platform these days. DDR2 and all that.

I'll definitely try the game before buying new gear though.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
QX9650 and GTX295 here, but it's far from a top-end platform these days. DDR2 and all that.

I'll definitely try the game before buying new gear though.

Have you not played the demo? Its good fun!

I ditched my 295 in favour of a 470, mainly because it was cheap and a single card solution instead of a dual.
About on par on performance when the 470 is overclocked, so at stock voltages and clocks the 295 is faster.

So I shouldnt see a problem with the 295! Apart from not having DX11 ;)

EDIT: My 295 also squealed like a biiiiitch!

Mondeo diesel barge
The new CryEngine looks brilliant, but also a lot more optimised than 2, so while looking better it should be less of a system hog.

Crysis 2 demo is great fun, looks fantastic and hasn't been quite as demanding as the first. The first being a game that I finally went and upgraded to i7 and a shiny new card :rasp:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
two watercooled 580 GTXs in mine, can't wait until the SP is out next week, the multiplayer is too COD-like for me.