ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CTR vs. 182

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Loopz on 28 August 2005

were there ever any mk1 type-r civics imported in GB??

i reckon its quite a peace of work, with 185 hp, around 950kg and 5.9s from 0-60...

its obviously faster then a 182 in a straight line, wonder could it match the clio on the track? :D

[Edited by Loopz on 28 August 2005 at 12:06am]
u talking 1.6 vtechs like the jordan?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by trueblue on 28 August 2005

same old story on this one...

basically the clio is more of the drivers car,

as for the CTR >>> SH*TE, but it has a good gearbox LOL;)
Have you ever tried one I wonder? CTR has an awful gearbox! Just because the lever comes out of the dashboard doesnt mean its good!

M5,Range Rover Sport & R1

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 28 August 2005

Have you ever tried one I wonder? CTR has an awful gearbox! Just because the lever comes out of the dashboard doesnt mean its good!

yeah, a good friend of mine had one for about 7 weeks before he got shot of it LOL...

i thought it had quite a strong gearbox, but that 6th gear does fook all LOL

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 27 August 2005

I drove my friends CTR and the kick isnt as noticeable as the 182s. He now has an S2k and I cant feel any kick what so ever in that, the power just builds up consistantly rather than coming in a surge. If you are driving on an empty dual carriageway with no points of reference you cannot feel any difference in performance between those three cars, if anything the "feel" is in reverse order to reality as the Clio with its kick and torque steer feels faster and more frantic where as the S2k with its steady delivery feels slowest.

The CTR was definitely quicker than the 182 though as it would start to pull on the 182 at 80+ and at 120 when you slot into 5th the Clio just dies whilst the CTR keeps going. The CTR did have really light steering with masses of assistance, obviously that has implications for your confidence but does not mean that it doesnt have as much grip as the 182.
actually it does. if you cant use the grip for fear of physically losing your life for the rest of eternity id say that knowing what your front and rear wheels are upto is most important.

can i just say for the record although technically exellent every japanese made car i have driven have been cars and nothing else, fast or not. no soul, no imperfection to make it have character, there machines and macho wanabies love them i.e chavs or computer geeks, there cars without soul and car is a lump of metal at the best of times.

pointless perfection. like a supermodel who anatomically perfect and skinny just doesnt turn me on at all where as a characterfull bouncy big breasted lass does.

those guys who like jap wagons also have super clean bedrooms and posters of steven hawkins. those guys who drive car with caractere i.e every alfa ever made have pictures of overtly rude looking girls who you couldnt take home to your mother.

jap = small c**k big maths.

ital, euro = small c**k dont give a f**k.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by benji&eka on 27 August 2005
the ctr needs to have the tits revved off it all the time, it does out perform the clio, only just. BUTctr: difficult to keep revs high enough all the time through the twisties, horrid gear lever position- i keep missing gears!. rubbish looks and rubbish interior.clio: NASTY DRIVING POSITION - and thats all thats really wrong with itresult: clio wins, by a rather tasty nose!

right ok, the 182 u drive and rev till 5k when it comes on cam and u get a power boost....

a civic type r u drive to 5k and it comes on vtec till 8k, u can shift at 5100rpm, and it stays on vtec, if u were in a straight line drag with a clio and a type r, standing start first gear, both launch the clio hits 5k comes on cam, torque boost, ctr comes on vtec and power boost but till 8k, u then shift in the civic and the vtec is still there while the clio is allready top end of second.... the ctr has a wicked box prob best gearbox of all hatchs atm....

if ur gonna drive a civic type r drive a jdm then compare to a clio and i guarantee u will prefer the jdm... drive a old drop down tailgate civic vti which is sim power to a 172/182 and the civic is more fun

Elise/VX220/R26

CTR is better than a 182 in every way apart from the 182 has a more direct feeling to the steering. CTRs are faster in every situation, road track, motorway end of story YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWN!

2005 Impreza WRX STI

well said!

i still find these threads interesting tho even tho ive read about 100 of them! its funny reading ppls comments about clios! just because its a clio forum, everyone has their heads up their asses thinking clios are the best things on the road! theyre quick for the money, and a "drivers car" but nothing compared to civics/Lcrs/focus rs etc

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 28 August 2005

CTR is better than a 182 in every way apart from the 182 has a more direct feeling to the steering. CTRs are faster in every situation, road track, motorway end of story YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWN!

b0llocks!! not with that super sleepy steering wheel!! i had no confidence in driving the CTR round bends, and had even less confidence in the wet, sliding and wheel spinning everywhere!! the clio is the all round better car!!

who says the CTRs are fast?? maybe in a straight line, but i slaughterd one quite a few times in my pug106gti!!

p.s the pug was 163bhp;)

RS-1, Bebop, CTR

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 28 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Loopz on 28 August 2005

were there ever any mk1 type-r civics imported in GB??

i reckon its quite a peace of work, with 185 hp, around 950kg and 5.9s from 0-60...

its obviously faster then a 182 in a straight line, wonder could it match the clio on the track? :D

[Edited by Loopz on 28 August 2005 at 12:06am]
u talking 1.6 vtechs like the jordan?
i am talkin bout this: http://world.honda.com/news/1997/image/4970822b_1.gif

i was made exclusivly for the japanese market, though...and, yeah, its a 1.6

;)

RS-1, Bebop, CTR

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 28 August 2005

theyre quick for the money, and a "drivers car" but nothing compared to civics/Lcrs/focus rs etc

i really cant agree with that, even if i am not a typical proud clio owner...

i would agree that the clio cannot reach the cars mentioned above in terms of comfort, build quality and possibly endurance...

but it is more than capale of at least matching any of those cars in terms of speed and handling in every day drive and on the track...and you wont hear that just on a clio forum, i can guarantee u that...

Quote: Originally posted by theduckeatspork on 27 August 2005

Final Maxim you have totally missed my point, you dont have to read these posts if they dont interest you. You are obviously interested in something to do with it though as you keep on opening the post to read it. If you arent just sop reading it and stop posting commments on it, its just a waste of your time and if you have nothing better to do then tell people that what they are talking about is boring then i think you need to go out more. it really bugs me that people on here feel the need to put up stupid rekmarks on topics they have no interest in although there are plenty of other people on here that do find them of interest. Basically what im saying is, if you dont want to read about then F*CK OFF!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ZzzzzzzZZZZZ

BORING BORING BORING

but on a serious note, he or anyone else for that matter is entitled to express their views - fair point you make

so therefore the individual can also comment on boring threads too. :D

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 28 August 2005CTR is better than a 182 in every way apart from the 182 has a more direct feeling to the steering. CTRs are faster in every situation, road track, motorway end of story YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWN!
b0llocks!! not with that super sleepy steering wheel!! i had no confidence in driving the CTR round bends, and had even less confidence in the wet, sliding and wheel spinning everywhere!! the clio is the all round better car!!who says the CTRs are fast?? maybe in a straight line, but i slaughterd one quite a few times in my pug106gti!!p.s the pug was 163bhp;)

no you havent dont be silly. My meg 225 was raping modded 206 gtis at bruntingthorpe this year at FCS so somehow I dont think a 106GTI is going to give a CTR much bother in any situation at all. They are the fastest hot hatch so lets all just get over it and move on!

b0llocks!! not with that super sleepy steering wheel!! i had no confidence in driving the CTR round bends, and had even less confidence in the wet, sliding and wheel spinning everywhere!! the clio is the all round better car!!

who says the CTRs are fast?? maybe in a straight line, but i slaughterd one quite a few times in my pug106gti!!

p.s the pug was 163bhp;)

no you havent dont be silly. My meg 225 was raping modded 206 gtis at bruntingthorpe this year at FCS so somehow I dont think a 106GTI is going to give a CTR much bother in any situation at all. They are the fastest hot hatch so lets all just get over it and move on!

and what the f00k would you know jonnyboy!!! what im saying is between me and my best mate, the pug slaughtered the CTR, both of us are above average drivers;) and the pug gives LCR 225s(other mate has one of them) probs so im sure it had no problem with the CTR.. but you would know differently wouldnt you,cos you werent there!!!

as for the meg!! ill crack the jokes, id rather drive a DFS leather couch into a bend rather than a meg225 LOL

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 28 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by benji&eka on 27 August 2005

the ctr needs to have the tits revved off it all the time, it does out perform the clio, only just. BUT

ctr: difficult to keep revs high enough all the time through the twisties, horrid gear lever position- i keep missing gears!. rubbish looks and rubbish interior.

clio: NASTY DRIVING POSITION - and thats all thats really wrong with it

result: clio wins, by a rather tasty nose!

right ok, the 182 u drive and rev till 5k when it comes on cam and u get a power boost....

a civic type r u drive to 5k and it comes on vtec till 8k, u can shift at 5100rpm, and it stays on vtec, if u were in a straight line drag with a clio and a type r, standing start first gear, both launch the clio hits 5k comes on cam, torque boost, ctr comes on vtec and power boost but till 8k, u then shift in the civic and the vtec is still there while the clio is allready top end of second.... the ctr has a wicked box prob best gearbox of all hatchs atm....

if ur gonna drive a civic type r drive a jdm then compare to a clio and i guarantee u will prefer the jdm... drive a old drop down tailgate civic vti which is sim power to a 172/182 and the civic is more fun
ive taken both cars (well mines a 172) round silverstone and the clio is the better package, the civic did a slightly faster lap time once but i had no confidence in the car! i just couldnt stay committed, the clio gives me supreme confidence and full committment in every corner! and i kept missing 3rd in the civic and forgot 6th was there (pointless gear). i can keep my clio above 5k every time but the civic just kept loosing revolutions too fast (either that or i just couldnt drive it:oops:)

Loopz, I saw one of those driving down the M20 the other day, was white too, prefer it to the new ones. I have had a dabble with a CTR once before, he floored it first from a rolling start, got a cars length out of that and then I held it with him, didnt go to license loosing speed though. I have also been in one my mates dad had for an overnight test drive. Found it pretty average in 1st and 2nd but third seem to be the most impressive gear in comparison to my 172. That is just my 2ps, all honest and fairly unbiased.

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by trueblue on 28 August 2005Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 28 August 2005 Quote: Originally posted by trueblue on 28 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 28 August 2005 CTR is better than a 182 in every way apart from the 182 has a more direct feeling to the steering. CTRs are faster in every situation, road track, motorway end of story YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWN!b0llocks!! not with that super sleepy steering wheel!! i had no confidence in driving the CTR round bends, and had even less confidence in the wet, sliding and wheel spinning everywhere!! the clio is the all round better car!!who says the CTRs are fast?? maybe in a straight line, but i slaughterd one quite a few times in my pug106gti!!p.s the pug was 163bhp;)

and what the f00k would you know jonnyboy!!! what im saying is between me and my best mate, the pug slaughtered the CTR, both of us are above average drivers;) and the pug gives LCR 225s(other mate has one of them) probs so im sure it had no problem with the CTR.. but you would know differently wouldnt you,cos you werent there!!!as for the meg!! ill crack the jokes, id rather drive a DFS leather couch into a bend rather than a meg225 LOL[/QUOTE]

pug "slaughtered" CTR are you on acid or what?, and I suggest your mates take driving lessons if they cant kick a pug 106 into touch

right jonnyboy what exact experience of cars hve you had my son?? bet thats the first semi fast car youve had, eh?? the megan 225 is a sh*tter. might be a little nippy in a straight line but is absolutely nothing but a burst couch in the corners. that bad infact now all megans come with the trophy pack. My 106 used to just pull on a ctr in the straight and, the twistes, it was bye bye. that goes for 182s as well. You obviously have never driven the ctr wee man as you cannot slate that gear box. its by far one of the best ive ever used. clean, short throw and very precise. ctr aint the best of handling cars due to its lack of response steering and ridged chasse but better handling than your couch. shows how much you know about cars when you buy a couch over a LCR,CTR or even a 2 year old focus RS.

04 CTR

A mate of mine has a 106 GTI and it definately doesnt keep up on the straights, tried lots of times, from all different speeds, but through the twisties I dare say Id be hard pushed to leave it as they are an excellent handling car.

mine wasnt standard mate. alot of folk come on here giving it a bit of this and that but youll just have to go on my word for it. my 106 was a faster car

Yaris Hybrid

Given how much work is required to get 200+ bhp out of a 172 that would be one seriously heavy tuned 106 if it was pulling away from CTRs.

I dare say with a medium amount of work and expense you could get it producing reasonable 0-60 times perhaps low 6s but from 80mph onwards you would need to extract a ridiculous amount of power out of that engine to start beating CTRs and the people I know with CTRs will take you all the way to 120+ so if you were beating people like that I can only assume you had forced induction.
Regardless it would have been so heavily modified as to make using the name "106" irrlevant when discussing the car.

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by 182hero on 28 August 2005right jonnyboy what exact experience of cars hve you had my son?? bet thats the first semi fast car youve had, eh?? the megan 225 is a sh*tter. might be a little nippy in a straight line but is absolutely nothing but a burst couch in the corners. that bad infact now all megans come with the trophy pack. My 106 used to just pull on a ctr in the straight and, the twistes, it was bye bye. that goes for 182s as well. You obviously have never driven the ctr wee man as you cannot slate that gear box. its by far one of the best ive ever used. clean, short throw and very precise. ctr aint the best of handling cars due to its lack of response steering and ridged chasse but better handling than your couch. shows how much you know about cars when you buy a couch over a LCR,CTR or even a 2 year old focus RS.
Thats brave logging in as another user to sl*g me. Im more than happy with my 225 BHP turbo thanks Ill leave you to play with kiddies toys. You clearly havent driven a megane as most people who do end up buying one. Oh and wee man yeah if you want 14 and a half stone of me youll get it if you speak to me like that again cretin.

Jesus there are some f**king immature retards on here.

right. it had a ported/polished/skimmed/gas flowed head. set of piper 270 cams. full system consisting of a supersprint manifold, magnex de-cat and back box. peugeot ecosse ram air and a re-map done. the limiter was raised to 7750rpm and it was pushin 163bhp with 130ft/lb of torque. full koni suspension with uprated anti roll bar bushes front and rear. also had a break conversion done . brembo 4 pot calipers stopped the car nicely. it was pretty quick to 120mph as thats when the limiter was just about to kick in on 4th. after that it didnt have much else in it. 1.6 what do you expect. wish i still had the dam thing as i would have made a video just to shut you up.

this aint trueblue WEE MAN. you weigh 14 and a half stone. oh no im sh*ttin it from a fat b*****d! im not startin this fightin talk on here as there is alot of keyboard gangsters like yourself that is all talk and no action. PM me b**ch if you have anything to say!!!! and as for folk buyin the 225 especially without the trophy pack shows how much you know about cars!! you into burst couches?? heard your bird rides like one too, lol

Elise/VX220/R26

can we have this w**ker banned please, more c**ts lowering the tone.

PM sent by the way. Keyboard gangster...thats me.

here wee man. you started all this crap so if anyone needs banned its you. obviously cant think of anythin intellegent to send back. PM sent back MATEY

Elise/VX220/R26

really? Your the one thats crashed the topic half way through and started all the Wee man sh*t. No need for it at all, but I cant be accused of starting anything cos I didnt. This conversation was reletively grown up before you turned up

Snotter's

a cammed 106 gti with 160 ish would keep with type-r ,its easy to get 160 bhp from them and relatively cheap.Go take a look on ssc and the times they are running

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by SOHROB on 28 August 2005

a cammed 106 gti with 160 ish would keep with type-r ,its easy to get 160 bhp from them and relatively cheap.Go take a look on ssc and the times they are running
true. power to weight is oftern forgoten by many. however up top a car with lots more power will pull but who gives a fart when corners are where its at and who gives a sh*t anyway as long as you enjoy your motors and they bring a smile to your face, if i didnt belive in that i would drive a vectra but i do so i drive a clio sport and am moving to a cup for even more thrills.

im guessing a pug 106 is 950kgs 163bhp and the ctr is 1340kgs 197bhp

sound to me like if they were the stats then it would have no trouble upto 90mph of not even faster. a 400kg weight penalty !!!!

really? Your the one thats crashed the topic half way through and started all the Wee man sh*t. No need for it at all, but I cant be accused of starting anything cos I didnt. This conversation was reletively grown up before you turned up

alright johnnyboy, lets just clear this up, me and 182hero aint the same person.. and as for you not starting this, well you basically told me that i was talking alot of sh*te, by telling me not to be silly!!! look who is looking silly now, you are the only one that disagrees that a modded 106gti wont beat a CTR!! well wake up as its a personal experience and the facts match up!!

p.s DFS have a bank holiday sale on at the moment. if you want to trade your couch in for a faster model LOL;)

p.p.s this is cliosport, not couchsport!!!

04 CTR

I was only commenting on the standard 106 GTI, didnt realise his was modded and as I said the standard version is no match for the CTR, once modified the story changes, as it does with all modded cars, just depends on how much money you want to throw at it, personally Id rather just buy a better car than mod the one I have but thats only my opinion.

Snotter's

there will be arguements for both cars.im a big fan of both cars for different reasons.Like others have said most on this forum must be passionate about cars but sometimes people are unrealistic and think what they have is the best (not directed at anybody in particular)

Quote: Originally posted by SOHROB on 28 August 2005

there will be arguements for both cars.im a big fan of both cars for different reasons.Like others have said most on this forum must be passionate about cars but sometimes people are unrealistic and think what they have is the best (not directed at anybody in particular)

this is very true, but when someone tries to criticise me on personal facts and experiences then i have a right to defend my corner. (not aimed at anyone in particular);)

Yaris Hybrid

Yes I agree, people spend all that time and money tuning cars but I still rather just buy a decent car to start with.

I still cant get over why people in car clubs are so obsessed with standing start figures.

Looking at the mods and the cost required to get that 106 up to CTR speed (and the CTR would still blow it away on a rolling 70 start IMO) I dont know whether to laugh or cry. How can anyone devote so much time and money to a 106?!?! Reminds me of a guy at work that has spent £12k on doing similar stuff to his Swift but he has added a supercharger and gone through a few engines too. He proudly talks about how he can smoke 182s and CTRs and I just laugh to myself and wonder if he has noticed that 99.9% of the popular arent rushing out to buy a Swift and supercharger for some mysterious reason...

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 28 August 2005

Yes I agree, people spend all that time and money tuning cars but I still rather just buy a decent car to start with.

I still cant get over why people in car clubs are so obsessed with standing start figures.

Looking at the mods and the cost required to get that 106 up to CTR speed (and the CTR would still blow it away on a rolling 70 start IMO) I dont know whether to laugh or cry. How can anyone devote so much time and money to a 106?!?! Reminds me of a guy at work that has spent £12k on doing similar stuff to his Swift but he has added a supercharger and gone through a few engines too. He proudly talks about how he can smoke 182s and CTRs and I just laugh to myself and wonder if he has noticed that 99.9% of the popular arent rushing out to buy a Swift and supercharger for some mysterious reason...

that is him just being unique!!! you dont see many supercharged swifts, do you??? good on him!!!!

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 28 August 2005 really? Your the one thats crashed the topic half way through and started all the Wee man sh*t. No need for it at all, but I cant be accused of starting anything cos I didnt. This conversation was reletively grown up before you turned up alright johnnyboy, lets just clear this up, me and 182hero aint the same person.. and as for you not starting this, well you basically told me that i was talking alot of sh*te, by telling me not to be silly!!! look who is looking silly now, you are the only one that disagrees that a modded 106gti wont beat a CTR!! well wake up as its a personal experience and the facts match up!!p.s DFS have a bank holiday sale on at the moment. if you want to trade your couch in for a faster model LOL;)p.p.s this is cliosport, not couchsport!!!

No your far funnier, have a pop at the megane if it makes you feel better but one day when your all grown up youll probably end up wanting one :)