ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup 172 vs cupra r 225

My mate has just bought one of the above motors, which i love apart from the residuals will probably be even worse than a renault, anyway he reckons he will piss all over the cup anyone had any experience with a cupra, and therfore may be able to shed light???

Rick

Nippy white cup

Depends on your mods m8...pretty close std I think but with one little chip hell be pushing 260bhp! Bloody turbos!

Chris

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

I had a chipped ibiza cupra and that was quicker on acceleration than the leon 225! but the leon would edge back after 110mph (so im told)

i would say the dup would have the edge on acceleration but not sure about 100 on would be quiet close i think

hippy leon nailed me on the way to belgium; i did have a lot of luggage, but even so, i think it would have still nailed me...

/y0z

Against a 172 cup, i can imagine it being pretty equal until 110 or so and then the LCR will probably stretch the legs.

0-60 comes in 6.5 and 100 comes in 16.5, so pretty much similar to cup/172.

Revo/jabba the car and it goes like a missile though, some people managing to get 162mph GPS confirmed;)

Ricky, what do you mean by the residuals mate? LCRs seem to be holding there value quite well.

Have had a go at one of these in my cup accelarating away from 4 roundabouts in a row up to i00ish and everytime nothing in it!

Doesnt mean a thing! Ive seen a scooby sti run a 16.5 1/4 before.

Put your girlfriend in your car and it will be a 16 sec 1/4miler.

All down to the driver matey. A lot more so than the actual performance of the car.

Seat leon cupras (180 not R) run 15.7 1/4 miles all day long

Mitchy,

"Ricky, what do you mean by the residuals mate? LCRs seem to be holding there value quite well."

i reckon long term thought they will crash really low (parden the pun)

i remember the old ibiza gti and such they held on to value then dropped very quickly example of 2002 leon 20vt can be picked up for around 9k

Rick

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 21 October 2004

Put your girlfriend in your car and it will be a 16 sec 1/4miler.

not sure about that lol, but fair enough mate! lovley cars, wev got the leon cupra at work as a pool car! I always look forward to driving it, altho some fuker always get it before i do!

Cup is 6.5 and Leon Cupra is 6.8. Same as the Cup and Type R and have had a few blasts with my mate in his Type R and theres fook all in it

Would have thought the Leon would drill a Cup after 100mph, they are quicker above the ton mark than the CTR, which is in turn quicker than the Cup... my m8s CTR got a bashing on the m-way from an LCR, but then again you never know what state of tune things are in these days...