ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup acceleration Vid

Nippy white cup

Aye....limiter in 4th is actually the best but it wasnt going to get there...3rd still revs pretty high tho :D

Chris

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 08 March 2005
im downloadin at 2.5?!? is that cause lots are downloading it or wha?

I think my ISP is being sh*tty on throttling my bandwidth allocated to my site, Ill host it at work tomorrow, if people are still having problems, more than likely a lot fo people downloading it, or so Chris would like to think ;)

Remapped derv Golf

900k/sec @ work

Seemed to hit a wall at 120mph. Is that car an R specd one. I dont think mine revs that high.

Nippy white cup

hehe air or people? ;)

The reason for the wall at 120mph was that the hill increases in angle...and also the slip road is even steeper lol.

Ill have to get one on the flat somewhere to give a better idea tho

Chris

Remapped derv Golf

Never knew my car could do a ton in 3rd.

Not quite as impressive as Jons old Evo 2 was on the M1 after an orange Nova flashed to overtake.

3rd 80..90...100...110 4th 110...120.. 5th 130.......140......150:eek:

Nippy white cup

Yes m8...it actually works out as about 40 in 1st, 70 in second, 95 in third, 125 in 4th and whatever in 5th

Chris

Nippy white cup

hehe yeah it is a bit of a party piece...when Ive had blasts with my m8s scooby it always amazes him that he is changing to 5th when I am only in 3rd/4th

Chris

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Like yubnub said - youre only getting that performance because youre running on fumes!

Fooking impressive tho Chris. I cringed when I took mine to 7,000rpm the other day before changing gear - thats miles off yours!

Does the standard Reno rev counter keep in check at that sort of speeds? Or is it a good percentage off?

D.

Nippy white cup

lol yeah it was a little low..tbh I dont usually run it too low except when im running at York.

And at least you know just how steep that hill is Daz :D

Chris

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

^^^^^ - what was involved to make your Cup perform like this, or is the list of accessories too long to mention!

Are we talking thousands of ££££ here?!

D.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 09 March 2005

not at all, simple mods IIRC on their car, nothign speical
fess up what mods are we talking induction/zorst/remap sort of thing

Nippy white cup

yeah...all it has is an r-sport (£241), exhaust and decat (£250), open ik (£90). Still isnt amazingly powerful BHP wise (got 151 at the wheels at RE performance) but it has spread the power out a fair bit

Chris

255 V6 Black Gold

might buy on of them r sport things

chris your only in accy aint ya??

same as me.....

you should meet up and have a go with my g tec perfermance meter....before i got mine de cated i had 151 bhp at wheels, now i have 164

and a 0 - 60 of 6.2 secs.......

Nippy white cup

Fook me m8...thats a lot of BHP...is that off the g tec tho? I actually live in Darwen but would defo like to see what mine pulls

Chris

255 V6 Black Gold

chris,,, pm me ya mob number or summat.....

yeah that g tec thing i use.... take the cups fully loaded weight......x it by 2.2 to get the weight in lbs the subtract 4 x 180 lbs (thats the 4 people not in ya car)

i did my readings on the same road, near to were you live actualy.....

and i promise thats what it reads..... it might not be"accurate" in terms of thats whats at my wheels....but its an accurite indication of the increase in bhp after i had my custom de cat made.....

let me know if you want a go pal. do a 0 - 60 run as well... rather fun