ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup after a few new bits

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Since I posted my last pictures of the cup I have had a few more bits done to it so thought id post some pics.

I have had eibach sportlines fitted - to be honest, they have not made much difference to the ride height but feel quite nice. Id like coilies but my days of crawling over speed bumps like a 17yr old have gone now.

2 new front tyres (Toyo T1rs)

Yozza race system and decat - LOUD!

Also had cambelt, aux belt, depahser and 2 wheel bearings!

Anyways, here are the pics;

6363075195_bab59d4afa_z.jpg

IMG_4334 by cobzy1, on Flickr

6363072751_4ec4e1c05c_z.jpg

IMG_4332 by cobzy1, on Flickr

6363069851_4367dfa54f_z.jpg

IMG_4340 by cobzy1, on Flickr

6363063089_c32fe87f3f_z.jpg

IMG_4338 by cobzy1, on Flickr

6363060241_beb86af823_z.jpg

IMG_4337 by cobzy1, on Flickr

6363057013_dd70b18fe0_z.jpg

IMG_4336 by cobzy1, on Flickr

6363054003_52354bf1b5_z.jpg

IMG_4335 by cobzy1, on Flickr

PS Ive got the silvervisions to fit at the front!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I think the sportlines will settle a bit more Jim, it's looking good.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
yeah it will lower a bit more once the springs settle, had them fitted to my cup back in 2003 and i was a bit disappointed at first but it lowered a bit after a few weeks and looked great and handled much better.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
yeah it will lower a bit more once the springs settle, had them fitted to my cup back in 2003 and i was a bit disappointed at first but it lowered a bit after a few weeks and looked great and handled much better.

glad to hear that. They've only been on 4 days so hopefully should settle a little.

Clio 197
Sport lines look about right tbh . When I fitted mine they brought the font down a smidge and raised the rear by a few mm which looks similar to yours.

Nice cup bud

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I couldn't drive round with an exhaust like that. I'd die of embarrasment!

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
didn't think the audi would last long after the previous cars youve had :p looks great tho, really clean.

rallyes coming along nicely mate just ordered a rather fancy cage for it, dont know whether to stick a project thread up or just do one big thread when its looking better.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
didn't think the audi would last long after the previous cars youve had :p looks great tho, really clean.

rallyes coming along nicely mate just ordered a rather fancy cage for it, dont know whether to stick a project thread up or just do one big thread when its looking better.

Get a project thread on mate, it would be good to see the updates as they happen.

Clio 172 cup
If you ever feel you cant live with the yozza anymore buddy can i have first dibs??,

will drive down and pay you cash as im only up the road

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
If you ever feel you cant live with the yozza anymore buddy can i have first dibs??,

will drive down and pay you cash as im only up the road

Will let you know mate. It's not a daily driver so the noise doesn't bother me to be honest. If I end up selling it at some point the yozza will be coming off and old system going back on so I'll let you know if you're still on the hunt!

Clio 172 cup
Thanks pal that would be great.

edit. will give you exactly what you paid for it too

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great. What do you think of Sportlines? My came with them already fitted and im a little unsure on them. I think i'm going for coileys.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I would struggle to go back to a 172 after owning a 197/200 (Not sure which you have) The latter is better in just about everyway...

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I would struggle to go back to a 172 after owning a 197/200 (Not sure which you have) The latter is better in just about everyway...

My 197 was not a patch on the cup in my opinion. Ive owned just about every Cliosport made (apart from the 200) and the 197 is bottom of the list. It wasnt a bad car, just didnt get me going the way the older sports do.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks great. What do you think of Sportlines? My came with them already fitted and im a little unsure on them. I think i'm going for coileys.

Sportlines are alright to be honest. Id love coilovers but from my previous experience they ruin the car for road use and this is where I use the car 99.9% of the time.