ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Alloys on Non-Cup 172

Whats the verdict on this, has anyone seen it at all??

Reason I ask is as have rather carelessly scuffed my 2 near-side alloys on a high kerb and wondered what Cup alloys would look like on a Silver Mark II 172.

Mate, that looks quality! How much did they set you back? Same tyres I take it as well from the standard alloys?

Clio v6

"has anyone seen it at all??"

Id be very surprised if there isnt hundreds about.

Would look just the same on any 172 I would imagine ?

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by mfc172 on 01 July 2003

Mate, that looks quality! How much did they set you back? Same tyres I take it as well from the standard alloys?
No mate they are 17" so new tyres too(Pirelli P-Zero). They set me back just over £1k

I reckon there must be hundreds about too but I generally tend to see very few 172s, 16 Valvers depsite driving from Kent to Maidenhead every day!

Money well spent Geordiepaul - looks top that does!At risk of sounding naive/ignorant etc, etc, doesnt the Cup have 16" alloys as standard??? I iamgine they are available as 17" too??

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Yeah the Cups are 16" as standard. The wheels are Speedline Turinis and you can get just about any size you want.

Cheers mate, may stick with the 16" then as not sure I can afford a grand right now, not with the football season just around the corner!

172nightrider - car is fully standard at the moment, no mods at all. Do you reckon better to change the springs??