ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Buying Advice

I have just sold my Elise 111s (missus is expecting), and have looked at a Cup at a local dealer here in Essex (not Renault tho) !

Can anyone advise me what to look for on these cars ?

Am interested in the Cup, the other half has a 1.2 Dyn at the mo, and weve been happy with that (apart from the cold start issues) !

The car ive seen is only 3 months old with 2.6k on the clock. Bodywork looks ok, front near side tyre looks as tho its had a few spankings round corners/roundabouts, but apart from that is in good condition. Garage want 10995 for it.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Dont buy it at that price!!!!!

I just bought a brand new, full UK factory car with 3yrs warranty for £10899 from http://www.showroom4cars.comwww.showroom4cars.com and you can too if you get there before the end of May! Not much time i know, plus 6 weeks (closer to 4 actually) waiting time.

"and you can too"....sure your not a salesman? ;)

You can get a Cup for a grand off list new so bear that in mind. Id rather pay an extra grand or so over a second hand one because at the end of the day you get the whole new car experience, full warranty, you run it in properly and it will be worth more when you sell it.

-Rob

as Rob says you can get a reno dealer supplied cup for £11.9k or so, or a demo with 2.5k miles on the clock for £10.7k like me or finally if you have any friends/relatives who work for reno you can get a friends andfamily type discount. I wouldnt go for an import if possible.

Finally check out posts by our reno insider CB1A. If you give him the details of the cup youre considering, hell give you the lowdown on the cars history etc.

happy buying, and get back to the forum soon to discuss track mods...

Clio 197

Buy new. Or knock a huge chunk off that price.

I think youll love the Cup. I have a Ragnotti on order myself. Id buy a new Willy if they were still being built.

The Elise is a great little car. But like you, I need a rear seat.

Ed

Cheers for the messages chaps !

Can CB1A check the history of the following reg. then ?

KH52 EEZ ?

Got a HPI report, nothing really, apart from a bit of outstanding finance that the dealer has now settled.

Just curios to find out why the last owner has sold/traded in so soon after buying ?!

Also, has anyone had problems with their key ? The other halves 1.2 key sometimes unlocks the car, and sometimes doesnt. I noticed one of the keys to the cup did the same too. like one worked and one didnt. Is this a common problem with the key?

Cheers,

Mike

CB1A should be able to find out how many times the car has been back for warently work

Well it was on the details he sent me.

Canot help you with the keys problems my alarm seemto unlock the car though. Not 100% sure that its not just me forgetting to though