ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup ECU

f**king Renault Dealer.

When i had my Cup i checked all the settings with a code reader not long after delivery.

I have noticed adrop off in power since it was last in for warranty work.

Checked the ECU with the code reader again and the c**ts have turned the double richness option off. mailto:TW@TS">TW@TS

Looks like when the VVT kicks in so does the richness option. Also the injector duration has been changed as well.

Rsport ECU will not fit a Cup as the ECUs are different.

Cup has a Siemens Sirius 34 (Same as 1.2 1.4 & 1.6 16v) where the 172 has a Siemens Sirius 32.

Got a meeting with the service manager tonight to request it to be put back.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Yea mine works fine too.

You are correct about the Cup having a Sirius 34 - thats what came out of mine. What do you mean a code reader - wouldnt mind having a look at whats going on inside the R-Sport ECU.

Sorry Typo. I ment to say 172 not cup.

The code reader is a Sykes Pickering unit that plugs into the diagnostics port under the ash tray. The unit lets you view all the ecu components like parameters and fault codes etc.

LY R27

Phew,

You had me worrying ;), can renault change the settigns on my r-sport ecu back to the original settings when it goes in for a service. I got told by r-sport they wouldnt even know?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Cuppy 172 on 09 June 2003

What do you mean a R-sport ecu will not fit the cup, I have one in already and it works fine.
So does TimO?!

I was under the impression that the RSport ECU would only fit the Cup and NOT a "normal" 172 as it has no function to drive the aircon, ABS, etc... or have I heard wrong?!

p.s. Whats this double richness then???

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Hang on, just read further down... :oops:

Anyway, I still wanna know what the double richness option is and what else can you alter on the ECU?!

LY R27

All,

Standard car with r-sport ecu = better throttle response, smoother power delivery and I believe quicker 0-60 time and top end speed. Best mod for cup at only £193 from r-sport.

If you dont have a cup please dont comment on the performance of the r-sport ecu because you have not experienced the benefit of the mod. ;)

Cuppy 172 - OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!

Ill tell ya about throttle response when Ive got rid of this dang fly-by-wire stuff they fit now LoL

Had a meeting with the service guy today.

Looks like the double richness option is not used by the Cup. My ECU has been reset by the service guys according to the garages records last time it was in for warranty work. Due to the over fueling the cat is past its best and causing the loss in power.

At least this explains why the car has backfired on more than once on the limiter.

BMW X5, Exige 260.

Yep - i d appreciate their number too - they dont seem to have a web prescence................................

Embarrassed to say

Just trying to swap over my ecu. What tool do you need to take the bracket off that is adjacent to the battery? The screws are almost star shaped, could fit a screw driver in there and its also a tiny gap so problably need something pretty small.

is there any difference between this R sport ecu and the Hill power 1???

need to get 1 sorted next week in time for the weekend!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by paul172cup on 09 June 2003

R Sport 02085409991 as far as i know
Ask for Jonathen, he was really helpful when I ordered mine.

Im pretty certain the ECU you get from Hillpower is exactly the same as the R-Sport one.

Also, with the VAT and delivery it comes to about £240...

Embarrassed to say

Swapping my ecu over because my car is on the blink, needs to be looked at and dont want my warranty affected. Cant even get my screwdriver in the gap let.

I have a r-sport ecu on my mk2 172 from hill power, i can confirm that the air con and all toys still work and i get the extras like 7850 limit

That is not the R-sport ECU from Hill Power it is the Renault Group N ECU.

R-Sport ECU is done by Radbourne Racing for Renault and only available direct from them.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by paul172cup on 09 June 2003

f**king Renault Dealer.

When i had my Cup i checked all the settings with a code reader not long after delivery.

I have noticed adrop off in power since it was last in for warranty work.

Checked the ECU with the code reader again and the c**ts have turned the double richness option off. mailto:TW@TS">TW@TS

Looks like when the VVT kicks in so does the richness option. Also the injector duration has been changed as well.

Rsport ECU will not fit a Cup as the ECUs are different.

Cup has a Siemens Sirius 34 (Same as 1.2 1.4 & 1.6 16v) where the 172 has a Siemens Sirius 32.

Got a meeting with the service manager tonight to request it to be put back.
double richness? you cant adjust computer parameters.the only thing you can do is reset the learnt parameters thats it.injection duration etc is all decided by the ecu.renault clip cant change that.