ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'Cup' gets an engine detail for passing its MOT

JMR

RB 182 Cup
182 Cup is over 9 years old now, and passed its MOT with no advisories earlier this week.

I've enjoyed a bit more detailing just recently and it was all detox'd and Carpro Hydro2'd on Monday. Nice product.
The engine bay has never been cleaned, so yesterday I got round, finally, to giving it a little spruce up.

No befores I'm sorry, but it was a mess.
Afters, I'm pleased with, only thing i don't know what to do with is the engine block and fuel rail.

IMG_2392.gif

IMG_2387.gif

IMG_2393.gif

IMG_2394.gif

IMG_2391.gif

IMG_2390.gif

No need to mention the products I used, they're laid out in front of the car :thumb:

I even hoovered the sound insulation under the bonnet and the bulkhead :)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
You could replace the coolant bottle for £13.

Nowt wrong with that one. It holds coolant, so does its job :rasp:

A lot of faffing about just to make it look a bit better when I don't need to.
Thanks for the heads up though - for £13 when its needed its cheap enough cheers mate

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
New coolant bottle, new coolant, spray inlet and fuel rail guard silver, and your bay will look brand new!

PH2 172
Sorry too butt in but where would I get a coolant bottle from for that price? I'm after one, I want to flush the old stuff and start a fresh :)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
New coolant bottle, new coolant, spray inlet and fuel rail guard silver, and your bay will look brand new!

Thanks Daniel

Coolant may be ready for a full flush and change soon, so might get a new bottle after all when its being done.

I've just been searching other peoples posts on cleaning the manifold and possibly painting.
I'd like to just get it looking clean(er) and original though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm not a fan of fancy coloured engine bays. Metal should be silver imo!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
You got a list of products used as I can't make out what a couple are :)

Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner
WD40
Jeffs Werkstatt Prime (cleaner polish)
Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care (I did the mesh grille under the reg.plate with this, sprayed on, walked off and left it…came back hours later, looked great)
Autoglym Bumper Care (for the grille either side of the Renault badge)
Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer (for a bit of protection and removing finger prints off the wings/bumpe etc)
Megs Triple detail brush
Silverline detail brush
Dyson hand-vac

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I'm not a fan of fancy coloured engine bays. Metal should be silver imo!

Yep, agree.
If I was spraying, it would be silver.
I'll update the thread, I've still got a few days off, i hope to do something more with it.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
New coolant bottle makes such a difference.

20140413_163012_zps299ac845.jpg

Ive had my bits powder coated.

20140418_123730_zps0266728d.jpg

JMR

RB 182 Cup
So today, I got around the engine bay again and cleaned up the block and inlet manifold.
Trying to keep it as OEM, original and un modified as I can, so it was just a tickle up with the wire brush which worked wonders.

I have a few bits to do tomorrow/monday, so will be sure to add new pics when its complete.

Think the fuel rail guard may need a spray if I can't get it much better, but will see