ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup racer brake ducts, let me know what you honestly think!

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Put the brake ducts in, at the moment there is no ducting to cool the brakes. Im a little unsure of them to be honest, want to know what the greater good feel about them? There's nothing that cant be put back to normal if i want.

5893428120_ed6677e11f_z.jpg

5893423890_3b31ae95fb_z.jpg

5893426482_60ee9853a3_z.jpg

They look fine to me. The only 'issue' one could have, is that you've got a brake ducts on a pretty much standard looking car, if you know what I mean.

Octavia VRS LE
to be honest i prefer these to the actual fogs!! looks good especially with the recaros!!!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Have to agree with the first comment, but they do look pretty good. Have you got any close up shots?

Fogs out. Arch liners out. Free brake cooling. Did it to mine and it made the difference between stopping, and boiling my fluid when out on track.

Have you done this because you've pushed your brakes hard enough to experience their limits without cooling, or are you trying to make it look like a race car?

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Honestly Roy, trying to make it look like a race car (sort of)

Same sort of thing Dan was on about, putting track parts/products on a car that doesn't get used on track !

130i Road, 172 Track
^^^ I like them but think the car needs to be slammed and caged to pull it off... if you decide to sell 'em, I'll buy 'em off you :D

Mk2 172
If thats all thats on it to give it that track look then it looks a bit silly tbh. Just put cold air feeds behind original fog light holes. Looks much better and more discrete IMO.

Nimbus Megane R26
tbh the clio's standard brakes are pap..i managed to boil my fluid and render the brakes useless with some hard driving.. shows how good drilled brembo setup on the meg..so good!

Why not get some drilled disks all round and some better pads/lines/fluid to go with the ducts? They look good anyway :)

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks for the comments guys. I guess the question is...

If the car was used on track as it is would they be more acceptable or does it need to be striped out with a cage and slammed ?

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Just put cold air feeds behind original fog light holes. Looks much better and more discrete IMO.

The problem with doing this your not getting the maximum air possible to hit your brakes (due to the curve of the bumper), that's the reason these stick out on the end to stop the excess air from escaping and forcing the air into the brake duct.

Striped bandit me personally i like it and i'm not just saying this coz i made them, it gives the front end a much meaner look :).

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Cheers Damien, they will deffinatly be staying on the car. Im sure they will grow on me :)

Another bonus to keep them on the car is that they actually do something, unlike some stupid things that people put on cars just to make it look good (me being one with flashy coloured hoses lol). Always handy if your ever racing with someone else track of cause ;) as it saves warping your discs as i've done in the past many times over.

I'm sure you'll grow to love them mate :).

An orange one
im on the fence with them...they look ok to me...but i think a better stance to compliment the whole "motorsport" theme of them would help, like if they were on christophers RB they would look ace...