ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup rejection update - Watchdog!

Well folks - just had a call from the BBC as Id registered my Cups problems with Watchdog. Theyve obviously had a lot of calls/e-mails about Renault and are now investigating cases. With my case being complete now, the lady I spoke too seemed interested that Renault UK did nothing and that the dealer gave me my money back.

Id advise anyone currently rejecting a Clio to get in touch with Watchdog. They might take your case on, plus you may get on the telly!

My understanding is that they feature a complaint of they get more than 50 on a similar topic or against the same company. I guess there must have been at least 50 complaints on the Clio or Renault cars in general.

Could be a good show if it makes it onto TV!

dont forget to add that bloody sunroof on the other models! Im gonna kick some ass next year. My grandad just had the entire sunroof replaced - glass/seals...the lot and is okay now.

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Quote: Originally posted by BikeMan on 23 December 2003

Well folks - just had a call from the BBC as Id registered my Cups problems with Watchdog. Theyve obviously had a lot of calls/e-mails about Renault and are now investigating cases. With my case being complete now, the lady I spoke too seemed interested that Renault UK did nothing and that the dealer gave me my money back.

Id advise anyone currently rejecting a Clio to get in touch with Watchdog. They might take your case on, plus you may get on the telly!

They added my case to the data base and said theyd be in touch in the NEW YEAR, I didnt hold my breathe thou..........

I await there call :D

great how to drop our resale values, go and complain on national TV, well done!. You might get a PR spokes person saying things are going to change, but on the production line in aint going to happen, you want japanese build quality dont go buying a bargin french hot hatch.

Mk2 Golf GTI

its more of a complaint about Renaults poor customer service when it comes to dealing with problems, not the car itself. Every car has problems. Anyone seen the build quality of a £50000 Range Rover? I work with them and believe me, it gets worrying when you pay that much money for a crap car. Just a little hint as to why BMW ditched the brand...

Quote: Originally posted by spirez on 26 December 2003

its more of a complaint about Renaults poor customer service when it comes to dealing with problems, not the car itself. Every car has problems. Anyone seen the build quality of a £50000 Range Rover? I work with them and believe me, it gets worrying when you pay that much money for a crap car. Just a little hint as to why BMW ditched the brand...
Same can be said about TVRs shocking build quality but the sales and service staff in the dealers crawl up your ass to make sure things are sorted.

Quote: Originally posted by mo-- on 26 December 2003

great how to drop our resale values, go and complain on national TV, well done!. You might get a PR spokes person saying things are going to change, but on the production line in aint going to happen, you want japanese build quality dont go buying a bargin french hot hatch.

Mo-- you had any more problems with your Cup? mine was in for a loose sensor which was making the car stutter and cut when hitting 4-5 k they had it for ages as well trying to find the problem..

When I pay £13,000 for a brand new car I expect it to:

a) Not have a rusting bootlid

b) Not have been re-sprayed MANY times

c) Not require £2000 worth of remedial work

d) Customer service from the manufacturer to rectify the problem

I got none of these and I think Renault UK need a kick up the arse to get things sorted out. Everyone knows theyre incompetent and no-one does anything about it. If you want it to get beter, give them feedback. The only way they will listen is if the media get on their backs.

I hope they get slated.

renault own most of nissan otherwise it would have gone bust. This is why the micra dci is a renault engine and the new clio is a cross between a megane and a micra with cards instead of keys. japanese aint so good either as you can see.

older Nissans are very reliable, apart from GTIR, but Reno dont own the Skyline do they, aint that still owned by Nismo Racing?

Reno blow, I came back from the US to a car with a flat battery, fried jumping it and the the alarm would not stop going off. Reno said they had no idea (even tho they put it in!?), but it ended up being the battery cover being loose causing it to freak out. French cars suck, never had a car like one for pissy little faults and loads of em...