ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup spoiler problem that i need help with........

Iceberg 172
I have bought a Cup spoiler for my 172, all sprayed up, but the high level brake light has a different shaped connector loom to plug into, to make it work.

Renault cannot get a light with a round connector (i think the light I have is from either the 182 Cup or Megane 225) so i guess the 172 Cup light had the round connector.

Has anyone come across this problem and how did you get round it, as i can't fit the spoiler until i sort the light out and Renault can't help. Do i get insulated connectors?

Advice is appreciated, cheers.

Megane225FF
cheap way = bare both sets of wires & connect them up, you've got a 50/50 chance of getting it right 1st time, make sure the brake light works, wrap a load of insulation tape round them. Peice of pi55.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
thedoc said:
cheap way = bare both sets of wires & connect them up, you've got a 50/50 chance of getting it right 1st time, make sure the brake light works, wrap a load of insulation tape round them. Peice of pi55.

what i did, works fine.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Use heatshrink + insulation tape if you can as the insulation tape could work its way free causing a short.

Bye Bye 182....
Sorry to hijack this thread but ive got one of these sprayed up and want to know how the original come off. I presume its the six screws but is it bonded at all? or does it just need a good whack to come off?

Iceberg 172
my_cougar49 said:
A good smack then? Ill get the hammer out! LOL Any ideas on how to do it without breaking the big plastic lugs?

Yeah it just the six screws and give it a bit of a sharp shove upwards and it'll come off, i've already done this and it comes off quite easily. You'll need an alllun key (probably spelt it wrong but you know what i mean.)