ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Stolen - update!!

Right, see whos cup gets nicked within the week!:eek:

Something doesnt add up though. Why come all the way to Northampton to nick a car then dispose of it in Bradford? Anyone care to become a junior detective and speculate on why they stole my car!? If it was used on a job, why havent the police down here been notified? Even if it didnt have my plates on, conclusions could have been drawn that mine was nicked the week before and was the same model, so that would be a clue?!

I dunno. Give me access to the police computer and Ill find the bast4rds meeself!!!

Our little buddy just got sent a message:- Of course I woudnt want to accuse him of anything ;)

Would you believe it!

My own Clio (3000 miles old) was stolen and ended up burnt out in Bradford, and just a few days later, you are selling 5 wheels on ebay with less than 4000 miles.......IN BRADFORD!

Not coincidence enough? Well just before it got stolen I bought a brand new wheel with tyre (unused still has the label on the tyre)....and you are selling that as well.

Incredible coincedence.

If only I could put my hands on the childrens shoes, book bag and recaro child seat as well.

Quote: Originally posted by davyboy on 13 July 2004

Our little buddy just got sent a message:- Of course I woudnt want to accuse him of anything ;)

Would you believe it!

My own Clio (3000 miles old) was stolen and ended up burnt out in Bradford, and just a few days later, you are selling 5 wheels on ebay with less than 4000 miles.......IN BRADFORD!

Not coincidence enough? Well just before it got stolen I bought a brand new wheel with tyre (unused still has the label on the tyre)....and you are selling that as well.

Incredible coincedence.

If only I could put my hands on the childrens shoes, book bag and recaro child seat as well.
thats good then ??, if he did have the wheels he wont have them now

Not a detective by any stretch but reckon most likely scenario for the ebay thief aquiring the wheels would have been by stumbling across the abandoned car having been dumped by the original car thief. Alternatively, he may have chums who are in the stealing to order game...not sure what the sense in stealing a whole car (From Northahmpton) and then just selling the wheels is...guess it makes sense to the burgeoning criminal underclass! either way this chap sounds guilty to me...no smoke without fire, and even if he is not then it is better to be safe than sorry!! Lock them up, lock them all up!! Prison ships with slow leaks I reckon, the only workable solution!

172 Cup

I would seriously do what you can to get the police to take a look at this guy. I asked him how he came to get 5 alloys when the Cup has 4.. This was he uneditied reply...

"dont worry il sort sum out 4 u!wot else do u need?i can get anything"

Yaris Hybrid

I think you have missed a trick there. You should have said "yeah I also need a decent childs seat". Then if he had said "well as it happens...." you would then have something solid to take to the old bill.

The game is over now and all the gear and any chance of catching them is gone.

I never thought I would see the bits again - in fact to get them back would cause insurance claim problems. In fact I dont want them back at all.

The old bill are not in the least bit interested, but that does not stop me making someone feel uncomfortable!

I was so angry I had to contact him - I had to edit my email a few times too.

Quote: Originally posted by davyboy on 13 July 2004

I never thought I would see the bits again - in fact to get them back would cause insurance claim problems. In fact I dont want them back at all.

The old bill are not in the least bit interested, but that does not stop me making someone feel uncomfortable!

I was so angry I had to contact him - I had to edit my email a few times too.

oh sorry im confused,its the different name your using, sorry i didnt realise it was your car, you do as you like, if you need him to be visited by the boys let me know were he lives

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Dutch 172 on 13 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Clarel on 13 July 2004

Found by West Yorkshire police, burnt out and completely destroyed in Bradford.

What a waste! For Gods sake, these people make me sick.......
At least West Yorkshire police found it, took em five years to find the Yorkshire Ripper. :):)

and even then it was South yorks that found him for them.....

not many cups/172s get stolen, if one went in northampton I reckon good chance one found up here is same car....

needs looking into. What did the police say when you spoke to them to inform them about ebay and this bloke..

Id be certainly lookking into it if a complainant phoned me with this information...

Liam

Volvo S60 T5

Just read all this post, Im 99% sure you found ya man mate.

Just look what he has sold before, shame you sent that mail to him, and why wont the police do anything?

Ford Focus 1.4 LX

I imagine some lovely co-operative person that works for BT could help.....

Will see if i can help you, i know one.......(will let you know here and on Scoobynet).

Dave

davyboy, I didnt realise you had anything to do with the car! Thought you were unconnected with the situation and just chipped in. I take that back.

In fact, now youve started I would carry on with a barage of emails claiming the police are onto him, youve just given an interview, ebay are helping the police with their enquiries etc. Might all be bo11ocks but like you say it will have him worried.

Have you contacted ebay about this?

Anyone got a nasty computer virus you can email him?

Just heard that the car was used in a petrol drive-off in South Yorks the week after it went. The police only told me this today. Why are they not forthcoming with information?

If anyone has any information to give me about the guy selling the wheels, I am calling West Yorkshire police at lunch time. I will let them know his name etc... but if any of you budding detectives have managed to get any further details, please let me know.

My officer was interested that hed bought a police scanner recently though.........

Cant really say alot now as this is being taken very seriously by West Yorks police and they have given me a lot more info than I previously had.

If anyone is curious, email or PM me for more info!!!!

good news,

i hope they catch him- typical of most dumb criminals - sell the goods on ebay,like no ones going to see if thier stuff is on there ! they arent that bright are they.

i hope the old bill do him.

Lee

BMW M2C

Its shocking that you had to work so hard at getting the police to look into this, but nice one for sticking at it.

Hopefully that will be one less piece of thieving scum off the streets.

Have been to see the Cup we won on Ebay today and its great! And good news is, the registration plate weve bought with it was for sale on a registrations website for £3995! Surely this cannot be true, but if anyone wants to make me an offer..........

C172 CUP

Clare

xx

Quote: Originally posted by davyboy on 17 July 2004

Have been to see the Cup we won on Ebay today and its great! And good news is, the registration plate weve bought with it was for sale on a registrations website for £3995! Surely this cannot be true, but if anyone wants to make me an offer..........

C172 CUP

Clare

xx
hi, any news on the wheels yet ??, ps the plate is worth aprox £1.000 (A172 CUP, and R172 CUP) both went for around that