ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup - Test drive

I have tried my local dealer in Worcester and he is unable to get hold of a Cup for a test drive and does not know when he is likely to get one.

Is there anyone in the Midlands who has any suggestions for a dealer and perhaps even the name of a contact who I can speak to and arrange one?

I need to see what all the fuss is about!

Any help appreciated.

S2000

How far do you want to travel? Milton Keynes have always got at least one in youll get a test drive there no problem. Let me know if you want their number and a contact.

Slugger

just done a check its about a 200 mile round trip. Would appreciate the details anyway - I may well have to drag the girl friend to Milton Keynes one weekend!

I will have a ring round in the mean time and see if there is somewhere nearer.

If anyone else has any thoughts I would appreciate a reply.

yeah the bloke from Camden Northampton had to go get it a from MK when i had a test drive.

Ill warn you now, youll end up buying one when you have a go..

L

liam

i test drove one in doncaster! email me if you need details mate! i ragged the sh*t out of it! *what they expect letting a 19 year old drive it* fools!

Test drive?

What is all this test drive malarky??

I bought my Cup WITHOUT a test drive...the first time I drove a 172 of any description was when I picked my Cup up!

I had faith in the Renaultsport brand and it never let me down! ;)

Talizman

Ive already got a Mk1 172 so need to know what the difference is between it and a Cup. i.e do I get my wallet out, put my mrs on the game and break open the piggy bank!

Not sure if I would send the extra mate, thwe MK1 is a great car plus its almost as fast and has all of the toys, however, easch to their own. I had some spare cash a while back and decided instead of getting more of the same type of thing I wanted a sweet v6 with 200bhp standard !!!

I picked up a 406 coupe with 37k on the clock, all the toys for just 6k ! Now I have the best of both worlds, a 172 ripper and a 406 3.0 v6 that sound great and does 150mph, but not in this country !

an the best thing about it ? insurance is well cheap on the 406 + the women love it !

good lick if you decide to "upgrade" ?!? (tempting fate....) to the cup !!!

My local dealership was unable to shift their 1st Cup for months, i think it was because they put it in the service area where no one goes to look. I took it for a testdrive but that was just a 20mph crawl around town. IMO unless its one of these 24 hour ones theres no point in bothering.

-Rob

Try Renault London West, they always have 2 or 3 cups around all the time, the only thing is that its quite a journey. I work right next door to them and i can tell you that 99% of the time they have atleast 2 cups.

They are based in Acton right on the A40. in west london.

If you need the address please let me know there telephone number is 0208 276 2000.

agree with Ray - recently had dealings with renault west london and whilst we could not agree on a price/trade in for a new 172 the guy there was very willing to provide a test drive.